Job ID 28036
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
SPIE Oil & Gas Services (part of the SPIE Group) provides a complete range of services to some of the world’s largest oil and gas companies through its network of offices in 25 countries across Africa, the Middle-East and Asia-Pacific.
Our turnover has more than doubled in the last few years thanks to the dedication of our 4,000 employees to whom we give training, recognition, and genuine opportunities for career development. In order to support this growth, SPIE Oil & Gas Services is always seeking talented individuals to join its teams.
We are recruiting suitable canddiates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Electrical Foreman
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Job Type: Contract
Contract type: Fixed-term-contract
Contractual hours: Full time
- Ensures HSE policy fulfillment during his activities.
- Establishes and maintains a strong safety culture in line with Company HSE Requirements and Rules.
- Is responsible to ensures compliance with HSE Legislation, Company Standards and Procedures under his area of responsibility to ensure employees safety, legislative compliance, and responsible environment attitude.
- Ensures compliance with Operating Procedures & Guidelines with the asset to ensure Process Safety, Operational Safety and Plan Integrity.
- Contributes to achieve and improve HSE targets.
- Performs the updating of technical documentation.
- Gives his contribution in Hazard Analysis, incident investigations, Root Cause Failure Analysis, process incidents advising his hierarchy about HSE issues and proposing corrective solutions.
- Monitor equipment conditions using all indications available in the control room, on site, and portable test equipment.
- Diagnose equipment problems, report abnormal conditions to Electrical Supervisor, and prepare detailed work requests for plant defects.
- Organize and perform on site, the maintenance operations which are placed under his responsibility.
- Assist the preparation/planning team by giving any technical support for preparation of the jobs in his/her discipline.
- Manage intervention and prepare the technical reports related to the field.
- Reading blueprints and technical diagrams to determine the placement of outlets and fixtures.
- Maintenance of electrical systems in a power generating facility.
- Troubleshooting and repairing malfunctioning equipment, appliances, and apparatus.
- Responsible for the quantity and availability of specific tools of his team.
- Take charge of the systems/equipment under his/her responsibility in case of breakdown until correct operation status.
- Identify recurrent corrective maintenance interventions, analyze them, and suggest improvements.
- Read, interpret, and implement technical information found in manufacturer’s and OEM technical manuals, electrical and mechanical P & IDs, and operating and maintenance procedures.
- Prepare, maintain, and administer procedures and reports related to the operation, monitoring and maintenance of the plant; maintain accurate logs of daily operation, check sheets, change charts and ink recorders.
- Identify any recurring problems related to the availability or quality of spare parts.
- Provides Electrical support for assigned assets related power generation.
- Installs, inspects, troubleshoots, maintains, and repairs electrical equipment such as, but not limited to, motor control centers, generators, transformers, switches, relays, wiring, electrical signal and communication systems, variable frequency drive (VFD), power distribution center (PDCs), uninterrupted power source (UPS).
- Organizes on site the maintenance operations which are placed under his responsibility.
- Minimum of 6 years working experience in the power generation industry.
- Rotation 4×4.
Minimum level of experience required:
- 6 years or more
- Electrical Habilitation.
- English (D-Full professional proficiency).
What can we offer you?
We offer a variety of stimulating and evolving experiences: exciting projects, learning from professionals and immersed in international culture.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online