Job ID 21979
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Savannah Energy is a young, high growth, highly ambitious energy company. We are focused on operating in countries where we can make a difference to local communities, where we can play a strategic role in the energy sector and where we can make a positive impact on the socio-economic development of the country.
Our vision is to create a best in class African-focused energy company that we and our stakeholders are proud of. Our five core values of Sustainability, Excellence, Entrepreneurialism, Integrity and Teamwork define the essence of Savannah and underpin our corporate culture.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Electrical Lead
Location: Eket, Akwa Ibom
Employment Type: Full time
Duties and Responsibilities
- Carry out maintenance in accordance with the requirements of the planned maintenance system.
- Ensure that necessary/critical spares are available and submit material requisitions promptly.
- Work with Maintenance Supervisor, Maintenance Planner and Superintendent during planning and execution of Turn-around Maintenance (TAM).
- Proactively recognize abnormal sounds/ vibrations and take appropriate actions.
- Provide the required information necessary for the preparation of annual budget, spares, and services.
- Attend and participate in daily maintenance planning and review meetings with maintenance personnel to discuss the preceding 24-hours’ activities and plan the coming day’s activities.
- Responsible for the supervision of electrical equipment switching according to procedures, codes, and safety regulations.
- Carry out interventions and unplanned maintenance as required and supervise installation of electrical equipment by third-party contractors.
- Work with other disciplines and contractors during plant modifications and upgrades in line with approved scope of work and industry best practices.
- Participate in technical audits, design reviews, technical studies, HAZOP, FAT, SAFOP and third-party inspections.
- Assist in establishing and driving equipment reliability in line with best practices across field locations.
- Ensure company policy on safe work practices is enforced for the safety of personnel and equipment.
- Conduct Root Cause Analysis (RCA) on electrical equipment failure and proffer recommendations.
- Maintain a clean work environment and ensure proper housekeeping.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- The electrical Lead is expected to maintain and ensure the smooth running of Caterpillar Engines and other electrically driven equipment across Accugas Facilities.
- Develop and maintain a database for all electrical equipment in the process plant and ensure that periodic maintenance is carried out as planned in accordance with statutory requirements.
- Coordinate the activities of the electrical team on day-to-day basis and report to the Maintenance Supervisor.
Job & Main Specifications
Education / Knowledge / Experience:
- Candidate must possess a minimum of HND or B.Eng. in Electrical/Electronic Engineering with minimum of Second-Class Lower, from an accredited higher institution.
- Must have at least six (6) years’ post NYSC experience in the oil and gas processing industry, three (3) of which must have been in a supervisory role.
Skills & Attributes:
- Possess excellent knowledge in the maintenance of CAT gas /diesel engines and other equipment associated with power generation.
- Proficient in the use of CAT Electric Technician (ET) and CAT Service Information System (SIS).
- Knowledge of applicable electrical codes, standards, and regulations.
- Conversant with workorder system processes. e.g., SAP.
- Ability to work effectively with team members.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office packages.
- Good time management and communication skills.
- Must be conversant with PTW and LOTO system.
- Good knowledge of electrical application for high and low voltage electric systems.
- Excellent leadership and mentorship skills.
Complete understanding of electrical and other inter-related documentations in oil/gas production and processing facility:
- Single line diagrams
- Electrical datasheets
- Electrical specification
- Earthing drawings
- P & IDs
- Incident reporting
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online