Job ID 30227
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
SPIE Oil & Gas Services (part of the SPIE Group) provides a complete range of services to some of the world’s largest oil and gas companies through its network of offices in 25 countries across Africa, the Middle-East and Asia-Pacific.
Our turnover has more than doubled in the last few years thanks to the dedication of our 4,000 employees to whom we give training, recognition, and genuine opportunities for career development. In order to support this growth, SPIE Oil & Gas Services is always seeking talented individuals to join its teams.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Electrical Method Engineer
Contract type: Fixed-term Contract
Contractual hours: Full time
Area Activity: Mechanical, HVAC and Electrical Services
Contract Duration: Based on AKPO Contract duration
- To prepare scopes of work and ensure that all materials and equipment are available as and when required for modifications, repairs or maintenance activities.
- Prepares scopes of work for approved work programmes ensuring that all relevant operating procedures and safety regulations are written in and that all necessary materials and equipment are available as and when required.
- Prepares with COMPANY review and Validation, various calls for bid to contractors invited to tender for work to be carried out.
- Supervises the execution of modification works at site, or as required by his hierarchy, especially for works executed by external contractors.
- He ensures that proper COMPANY procedures are followed, and that all modifications are properly documented.
- Assists with the analysis of equipment malfunctions and makes recommendations for repair and future preventive action.
- Proposes and justifies recommendations for the improvement of equipment availability and/or efficiency, and works with other entities in Production Methods to execute desired modifications.
- Assists with the preparation of the preventive maintenance schedule for plant and equipment and ensures that planned work takes place.
- Ensures that all work carried out takes account of and follows all relevant COMPANY procedures and practices with specific regard to those governing the health and safety of personnel.
- Receives information from Production Operations on plant/equipment histories and maintains up-to-date records for all individual pieces of equipment.
- Ensures that all Equipment and Spare parts documentation are updated.
- Carries out any other ad-hoc duties as may be assigned by the Head of Maintenance and Inspection dept from time-to time.
- Checks the quality in performance of the modifications made by means of commissioning, starting up and audits.
- Under direction of COMPANY, Follows and analyses on-site spare parts stock levels ensuring they are adequate and maintained, and that materials/equipment received accord with specifications.
Minimum level of experience required:
- 6 years or more
- 7/10 years experience in the discipline area, preferably in the oil or petrochemical industries
- All Types of inverters, high voltage cells, variable speed units, HV/LV drive motors, Electrical Distribution Network, Lighting,
- Electrical Power Generation and distribution
- English (D-Full professional proficiency)
- CMIMS – UNISUP R/3 or SAP similar package
- Computer literacy is mandatory,
- ATEX directive awareness
- Ability to work onshore and offshore under the climatic conditions of the site,
- Ability to work in a multinational team
What can we offer you?
- We offer a variety of stimulating and evolving experiences: exciting projects, learning from professionals and immersed in international culture.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online