Job ID 33743
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Navanti provides timely and insightful data and analysis that shapes programming and empowers local voices, bringing their concerns, ideas, and knowledge to a broader audience. Its systems inform high quality interventions in rapidly evolving, conflict affected environments, employing an approach to contextual, nuanced data that uncovers and engages local actors and opportunities in need of support, resources and training – to create sustainable and transformative solutions that impact their communities. Navanti offers near-real time understanding of local dynamics, enabling an anticipatory programmatic capacity that takes advantage of near horizon change.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Evaluation / Data Specialist – Election Portfolio Performance Evaluation
Team: USAID/Nigeria MEL Support Activity
Project: Election Portfolio Performance Evaluation USAID/Nigeria
Reporting to: Assessment and Evaluation Advisor
Employment Type: Independent Contractor / Short-Term Technical Assistance (STTA)
Period of Performance: October 2023 – May 2024
- Navanti supports a Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Support Activity program that assists USAID/Nigeria in advancing its broader organizational learning and development efforts.
- This program strengthens the Mission’s capacity and performance in programmatic monitoring, evaluation, learning, collaborating, and adapting.
- The MEL Support Activity closely aligns with USAID/Nigeria’s Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) and provides a broad range of specialized technical assistance, training, data gathering and analysis, field-based monitoring, evaluations and assessments, facilitation of organizational learning and adaptation initiatives, and short-term technical assistance.
Performance Evaluation Objectives
- USAID/Nigeria has engaged the MEL Support Activity to conduct a performance evaluation of the election portfolio. The purpose of the performance evaluation under DO3 IR 3.3 (Enhanced Credibility of Elections) is two-fold:
- To assess the extent to which the Sustaining Electoral Engagement for Democracy (SEED) and Responsive Political Party Program (RPPP) activities contributed to enhancing the credibility of elections
- To inform activity design for future election-related activities
- This evaluation will be used primarily by USAID Nigeria’s Peace and Democratic Governance (PDG) team to inform activity design for future election-related activities. However, PDG will share the evaluation report with the broader USAID audiences, including USAID/Washington to help agencies better understand the electoral context of Nigeria and, most importantly, the efficacy of support to political parties, voter education via radio, and other channels
- The estimated start date will be November 13, 2023. The evaluation is expected to last until May 2024, and the estimated LOE will be 50 days, maximum.
- We are seeking an Evaluation / Data Specialist who will be responsible for the overall design of data collection tools and procedures, lead training of research assistants, manage and analyze both qualitative and quantitative data collected from the field.
- Under the technical leadership of the MEL Support Activity, the Evaluation/Data Specialist will work alongside four other team members on the evaluation.
- Abuja, Federal Capital Territory
- Adamawa State
- Anambra State
- Bauchi State
- Bayelsa State
- Benue State
- Ebonyi State
- Ekiti State
- Osun State
- Kaduna State
- Sokoto State
- The evaluation/data specialist must demonstrate experience in organizational capacity building/assessment required.
- S/he must demonstrate strong experience with data collection procedures, surveys, interview guides and analysis of data.
The evaluation/data specialist is expected to:
- Design the data collection instruments and ensure it addresses all evaluation objectives.
- Collect, analyze, and interpret data using both qualitative and quantitative methods.
- Analyze data sets using statistical methods and relational databases.
- Support in preparing reports of research findings.
- Work with the team leader in planning, developing, coordinating, and administering research tools.
- Perform quality assurance reviews of both quantitative and qualitative data.
- Support the team leader in writing or editing technical reports and summaries of findings.
- Work with the team leader to perform desk review and identify additional information required for analysis.
- Work with the Team Leader in preparation and presentation of the In-brief and Out-brief to USAID/Nigeria and other stakeholders as requested.
- Support the team leader to develop the draft Evaluation report with support from the team members, taking into consideration feedback from the Out-brief presentation.
- Work with the team leader to respond to USAID comments on the draft report, incorporate USAID/Nigeria staff comments into the final version of the report and finalize the report.
- Work collaboratively with team members throughout design, implementation, analysis, and report writing to complement each other’s areas of expertise.
The candidate is expected to have the following qualifications:
- Advanced Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Data Science or related field.
- A minimum of eight years of experience in program evaluation design, data management and analysis, computer science or a similar role.
- Strong experience in designing qualitative and quantitative data collection tools
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative research methods.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Knowledge of statistical software programs, such as SPSS or STATA.
- Previous experience as evaluation specialist on governance/democracy sector evaluations, assessments, and research studies. USAID evaluation experience strongly preferred.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
- Candidates are advised to submit applications early.