Job ID 32476
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Rosemary Industries Limited, a growing logistics company with over 200 staff, is recruiting experienced candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Experienced Gearbox and Axle Mechanic / Technician
Location: Kirikiri, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Duties and Responsibilities
- Gearbox examination and testing
- Dis-assemble gearboxes tagging parts as needed
- Repair and replacement of damaged gearbox parts, with particular emphasis on bands, gears and seals.
- Ordering parts, where required via our internal Parts Team from suppliers.
- Re-assembly of gearbox and linkage testing
- Drive train testing as required.
- Conversions from 4 to 5 gear transmission
- Completing reports on work performed.
- Maintaining workplace cleanliness to protect against malfunction / workplace hazards
- Observing health and safety standards and procedures at all times
- Carry out any other projects in support of classic car restoration such as vehicle owner customization requests
- Engineering experience preferably including gearbox and axle technician experience ideally within a luxury/ classic car environment.
Technical Skills and Specialised Knowledge:
- Fault finding techniques
- Translating technical / mechanical detail into language which will be understood by the customer concerning gearbox restoration and repair
- Calculating estimated times for jobs so that estimated costings for gearbox restoration and refurbishment is as accurate as possible
- Experience of transmission and axle rebuilding to a high standard
- Good problem-solving skills to find and rectify faults
- Clear communication to others on the status of work in progress
- Customer focus in a business, where customer service is critical to business success
- Peer relationships and ability to work as part of a team
- Adaptability and the ability to establish priorities
- Positive disposition
- Exercising good judgement, honesty and discretion.
Application Closing Date
8th November, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the mail.
Note: Candidates who reside around Olodi-Apapa should apply.