Job ID 6145
Experience 4 Years
Gender Male or Famele
PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) Nigeria has been operating in Nigeria since 1953 through its predecessor firms of Coopers & Lybrand and Price Waterhouse. We’re one of the leading professional services firms in the country with offices in Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt, over 1000 staff and 31 resident partners.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Experienced Senior Associate, Financial Services Risk and Regulation (FSRR)
Ref No: 229195WD
Line of Service: Assurance
Industry/Sector: Not Applicable
Management Level: Senior Associate
Job Description & Summary
- A career within our Financial Risk and Regulatory team (FSRR) team will provide you with the opportunity to help business leaders embed forward looking and dynamic risk management capabilities into their corporate business practices. From strategy through to implementation, we help put in place people, processes and technology our clients can leverage to identify new opportunities and pursue success as smoothly, systematically and sustainably as possible, in the face of changing markets, technologies and competition.
- We work with a broad range of financial institutions and corporate organisations to develop robust financial risk management frameworks that satisfy compliance demands, contribute to better decision making and enhance performance.
- The scope of our work covers the full spectrum of financial risks such as credit risk, market risk, operational risk and liquidity risk; economic capital & capital management, stress testing, risk modeling and validation; regulatory compliance issues; and emerging risk areas
- We have current emphasis on leveraging analytics and technology solutions in risk management.
- As a Senior Associate, the candidate, as a part of the PwC’s Financial Risk and Regulation team, will be a part of project delivery teams to deliver risk management solutions to a diverse range of clients, with focus on the financial services sector.
Specifically, the successful candidate’s job functions shall include:
- Assessing the risk strategy and management processes established by financial institutions over their operational and regulatory processes, including entity level and delivering required solutions.
- Designing and executing advanced risk data analytical methods or analytical models over the risk management.
- Assessing financial institutions response to leading and regulatory requirements, including relevant regulatory risk management requirements; ICAAP, ILAAP, RRP, Risk Framework design and implementation, etc.
- Developing an understanding of key end-to-end risk management flows associated with various financial products and any associated operational and financial reporting risks; and
- Working within a large team of consultants to deliver a detailed program of work, meeting exacting quality standards, within tight timeframes.
- Identify opportunities and provide support to senior team members on business development activities.
- Contribute to PwC’s thought leadership on emerging risk issues.
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree from a reputable university.
- Professional qualification(s) such as ACCA, FRM, CFA or equivalent are an added advantage;
- Minimum of 4 – 5 years relevant experience.
- Practical experience and working knowledge in three or more of the following: risk governance and analytics, market risk management, credit risk management, treasury and liquidity risk management & ILAAP , operational risk management; capital management and ICAAP, ideally in a professional service environment or financial institution.
- Strong experience in the model development tasks, including data cleaning, credit risk modelling (e.g. PD / LGD / EAD estimation), risk parameters application, A-IRB, economic capital, RAPM, IFRS-9 models and stress testing Models, big data AI modelling and application is a plus.
- Experience with the development and use of enterprise risk systems and tools.
- Working understanding of risk management and analysis methodologies, approaches and techniques;
- Familiarity with evolving and complex regulatory environment including Basel III / Solvency II / EBA RM Guidelines in the context of financial institutions.
- Planning, implementation, and process optimization of enterprise risk management for financial institutions.
- Valuation, modelling and quantitative management of financial instruments.
- Experience with R Studio, Alteryx, Murex, Bloomberg, SAS, Fincard, and Reuters would be an advantage.
- Strong organisational skills and able to work autonomously with minimal supervision, good analytical, problem solving and presentation skills.
- Bright, team player, who works effectively under pressure with a positive and can-do attitude.
Application Closing Date
17th July, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online