Job ID 8082
Career Level Asistant
Experience 2 Years
Gender Male or Famele
Solidarites International (SI) is a French humanitarian organization that provides aid and assistance to victims of war or natural disasters. For over 38 years the association has focused on meeting three vital needs – water, food and shelter. Currently present in Nigeria since 2016, SI carries out emergency / post-emergency programs in the WASH sector in the North East region and now in the North West region.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field Coordinator Assistant
Location: Gusau, Zamfara
Description of the Position
- The Field Coordinator Assistant assists the Field Coordinator in his/her representation, program coordination, strategy preparation and programming for Solidarités International in his/her intervention zone, coordination with other humanitarian participants, team management and security and humanitarian monitoring.
- These tasks entail strict confidentiality on the part of the Assistant Field Coordinator. It is strictly prohibited for the Field Coordinator Assistant to disclose information concerning Solidarités
- International and its activities without prior authorization from the Field Coordinator.
- In addition, the Field Coordinator Assistant participates in the specification of security measures to be undertaken at the base level in collaboration with the Field Coordinator, as well as their post-validation circulation.
List of main tasks:
- Collect information within the Field Coordinator’s domain of responsibility by attending security briefings with – or in place of – the Field Coordinator
- Carry out security checks for the clearance of team departures out into the field
- Analyze information and inform the Field Coordinator
- Make the weekly security pack and send it to the Field Coordinator
- Establish informal ties and a network of contacts enabling the collection and verification of diverse information
- Maintain an updated list of security contacts in the zone
- Coordinate the weekly security briefing
- Run the contextual and security briefing for new expatriates, in conjunction with the Field Coordinator
- Follow all movements within Zamfara State and other States if necessary even during weekends and public holidays to ensure the security of the staff and SI assets
- Under delegation of the Field Coordinator, represent Solidarités International during humanitarian and security coordination meetings
- Ensure that Solidarités International’s message is conveyed during meetings in accordance with its mandate and programs
- Regularly visit Solidarités International’s intervention sites
- Communicate between the local and/or international NGOs in accordance with the partitioning of contacts decided with the Field Coordinator
- Under delegation of the Field Coordinator, attend meetings under his/her direct responsibility
- Participate in the drafting of Solidarités International’s intervention strategy in the zone (especially via annual programming) and suggest program orientations in liaison with the Field Coordinator and the base of other departments. To this end, the Field Coordinator Assistant is responsible, under the supervision of the Field Coordinator, for humanitarian monitoring in his/her intervention zone so as to anticipate as early as possible the pertinent needs to be addressed within Solidarités International’s mandate.
- Monitor the activities in the programs implemented in his/her intervention zone by comparing the evaluation, intervention and monitoring reports
- Draft minutes for the Field Coordinator for each meeting he/she attends
- Draft the weekly situation report for the context/security section
- Compile the weekly situation report and send it each Monday afternoon to the Field Coordinator
- In the absence of the Field Coordinator, coordinate the weekly base meeting
- Draft the minutes for base meetings
- Present the security context at the beginning of all weekly base meetings
- BSc Degree in Law / Public Administration or a similar background
- Minimum of two years experience as Field Coordinator Assistant or in a similar role
- Excellent knowledge of word processing tools and spreadsheets (MS Office Word, Excel etc.)
- Ability to deliver high-quality outputs in a timely manner
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Hausa ability to read and write
- A good listener, a good communicator, ability to prioritize and work with little supervision, team player, excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good understanding of the north-west humanitarian context
- Preferably indigenous of Zamfara State or the North-West States.
Application Closing Date
15th October, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Hard copy applications will also be received at Solidarites International Office:
Gada Biyu area, Zanna road,
Opposite A.A Gusau House,
Gusau – Zamfara State.
- Candidates should Click on the link above to fill the Application Form and attach their CV and Motivation Letter.
- Select Field Coordinator Assistant – Gusau base, Zamfara state, fill the form and attach your CV and motivation letter.
- The CV attached must be named with your first name and surname.
- As the position is required as soon as possible, Solidarites International reserves the right to select a candidate and finalize the recruitment before the application closing date.