Job ID 25387
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, program management, construction management, and technical services. The Company supports government and commercial clients by providing innovative solutions focused on water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. One of the group of companies under Tetra Tech is delivering the DFID-funded United Kingdom Nigeria Infrastructure Advisory Facility (UKNIAF) infrastructure improvement works. The programme’s duration is contracted for an initial 48 months with a possible 24-month extension.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance and Administrative Officer, Nigeria Monitoring Project
Requisition ID: #21600001219
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Organization: 216 MSI
- The purpose of the Nigeria Monitoring Project (NMP) is to establish a third-party monitoring system to monitor, verify, and analyze trends on humanitarian programs in Nigeria funded by USAID’s Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance (BHA).
- The program will create an independent and verifiable monitoring mechanism for BHA programs in Nigeria that will increase BHA and their partners’ understanding of the outputs, outcomes, processes, progress, quality, challenges, achievements, and lessons learned of their projects.
- The Finance and Administrative Officer will report directly to the Finance and Administrative Manager.
- This position will support project finance by ensuring the financial integrity in all aspects of the program and manage all financial aspects of the project. The Officer will also support in budget planning and monitoring, maintaining timely and accurate financial information, and financial reporting to MSI Headquarters and USAID.
- Support the process of completing requests for disbursement of forms and necessary approvals for cash/cheque payment vouchers for all local expenditures obtained to allow for the payment to be processed.
- Maintain filing structure of all processed and approved cash/cheque payment vouchers.
- Review invoices from Service Providers before processing payments.
- Harmonize the Operations Monthly Forecast.
- Ensure that funds expended are provided for in the Monthly Forecast.
- Support the Finance and Administrative Manager in preparation of financial expense reports.
- Support the preparation of the NMP’s monthly Field Expense Report to send to MSI Headquarters for collation of monthly financial statements.
- Archive Monthly Financial Documents for MSI’s internal records.
- Support the Finance and Administrative Manager in coordinating the annual audit and attend to all correspondences and queries from the auditors.
- Support the process of ensuring that all the cash/cheque payment vouchers are supported by the relevant documentation.
- Provide regular updates to the Finance and Administrative Manager to support management decision-making and operations of the program.
- Lead Monthly Management Letter (ML) from monthly Internal Auditing to the Finance and Administrative Manager.
- Lead the process of entry of all vouchers into QuickBooks.
- Ensure prompt remittances of statutory deductions, such as PAYEE, Pension, NHF, and WHT, to the appropriate government authorities.
- Support administrative and logistical project activities.
- Assume other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Fnance, or a similar field is required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in finance and administration in the development sector is required.
- Experience in implementing financial control systems and standards with USAID-funded programs is required.
- Knowledge of Quick Books accounting software is required.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Excel is required.
- Strong arithmetical skills required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other staff members and solve problems using initiative with accuracy and attention to details is required.
- Fluency in English is required.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only Nigerian citizens are eligible for this position.
- Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
- MSI is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We strive to develop and maintain a culture that honors the perspectives and identities of our employees, our communities and those impacted by our work.
- We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
- MSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities/Veterans Employer.