Job ID 35149
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Creative Associates International is a fast-growing, social impact company that specializes in the areas of education, economic growth, democratic transitions, and stabilization in post-conflict environments. Based in Chevy Chase, Maryland, this global development organization has a field presence is more than 25 countries and a strong client portfolio of that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department.Since its founding in 1977 by four enterprising women, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike. Creative Associates International has been working in Nigeria for more than a decade to support education programs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance and Operations Specialist
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Employment Type: Full-time
Category: Administrative/Office Support
- Funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development and in close partnership with federal partners and select Nigeria States (designated as legacy [Bauchi and Sokoto], launching(Adamawa) and technical assistance), the five-year Leveraging Education Assistance Resources in Nigeria (LEARN) project will support sustainable improvements in reading outcomes for first and second grade pupils.
- The goal of LEARN is to strengthen and scale early grade reading (EGR) best practice by ensuring that standards-based, context-appropriate assessment, materials, training, and administrative supports needed to improve literacy skills for P1-2 pupils are embedded within the federal policy, funding, and monitoring frameworks, and state and local authorities have the implementation protocols, capacity, and resources to carry out and sustain standards-based, data-driven EGR reform.
- The project objective is to instill ownership in and build capacity of school-community, local, state, and federal systems to establish a base for adequate, consistent data-driven funding, monitoring and performance that increase the equity, inclusion, and wellbeing necessary to achieve sustained EGR gains.
- LEARN will therefore be building on lessons learned from prior Nigeria reading programs to introduce a flexible, cost- efficient EGR intervention model that can be tailored to state contexts.
- This Finance and Operations Specialist leads the finance and operations processes in the field office in liaison with the Finance Director and the Senior Operations Manager.
- The position will manage the finance activities and ensure all procedures in the field office are conducted as outlined in the finance policy and reports/postings are done in time.
- Supervise the Operations Officer and ensure all operational activities are conducted in line with the field operations guide and procurement manual of Creative Associates International.
- Review all procurement purchases within the field office level threshold and ensure that all procurement is conscientious.
- Supervise and manage field procurement, office management, transport management and logistics activities and ensure efficiency in the field operations activities.
- Administer petty cash operations and provide accountability and reporting in full compliance with USAID and Creative standards.
- Processing of check requests and wire transfers for payments to vendors in compliance with contract requirements.
- Review and process vendor and consultant fee payments in accordance with USAID and Creative account procedures and contract policies.
- Remit and file all the statutory deductions (including processing of tax clearance certificate) on monthly basis.
- Work closely with the Finance Director to ensure reconciliation of monthly expense reports and respond to any inquiries on a Monthly basis to ensure that no issue is been carried forward.
- Implement systems and ensure proper checks and balances to mitigate potential for fraud or improper use of funds.
- Work with the Grants Manager to implement the grants mechanism as needed.
- Any other duties as may be assigned.
Minimum Required Education & Experience, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree or professional Accounting / Financial qualification is highly desired.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in grant management, including disbursements and reporting and four years of general experience.
- At least 1 year of supervising experience required.
- Knowledge of USAID Rules and Regulations, previous experience working on USAID-funded projects highly preferred; and
- Advanced knowledge of spoken and written English highly desired, English proficient level required. Previous experience in similar role.
- Proven experience directly and indirectly supervising and managing staff and teams.
- Experience with a USAID-funded or other international organization implementing a program operating in insecure areas is desired.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Excellent record keeping, and documentation skills are required.
Application Closing Date
30th October, 2023.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please
- Creative Associates International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (gender/race/disability/veteran) and provides equal opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
- Please view Affirmative Action / Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.