Job ID 32711
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Concern for Women and Children Development Foundation (COWACDI) is a woman-led organization born out of passion for the well-being of Women and Children in Nigeria. It has a special interest in mitigating the suffering of vulnerable persons (mostly Women & Children) in times of crisis. Currently, the organization has focused its attention on the North East of Nigeria with special emphasis on Borno, Yobe, and Adamawa states (the BAY states) due to the decade-old crises.
COWACDI intervenes through a community-based approach in addressing Gender-Based Violence prevention and response programmes, child protection, peace-building programmes, and empowerment of youth and women. COWACDI operates with full respect for humanitarian law and works with concrete policies and principles of international standards such as humanity, impartiality, neutrality and independence, and accountability to the affected population.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Job Type: Full Time
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- The Finance Assistant is to assist the operations and finance manager by managing the day-to-day operations of the Finance Department, responsible for Cash processing and record keeping of the day-to-day transactions in accordance with COWACDI policy and procedures.
Specific responsibilities are as follows:
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of payment documents in compliance to COWACDI and Donor policies and procedure.
- Coordinate with district teams for advance issuance and their timely adjustment of advances & Training’s documentation.
- Ensure completeness of supporting documents in all respect which includes authenticity of signatures, crosschecking attendance sheets and verifying payments to be made in integra system.
- Posting all vouchers into transaction spreadsheet on daily basis for review by the manager.
- Ensure that all information in the spreadsheet is correct and complete.
- Processing of petty cash transactions on daily basis.
- Ensure petty cash is replenished on time to meet daily cash needs.
- Carry out cash count as per the COWACDI policy and schedule.
- Document the cash count sheets for records.
- Prepare all payments and make sure that they are properly coded and supported with relevant necessary documents.
- Assist Finance team in monthly bank & account reconciliation.
- Ensure all the financial documents are properly filed & numbered in Box.
- ‘Paid’ stamping of all the invoices and related documents before filing.
- Ensure timely preparation of tax & deposit into bank.
- Visit Bank for necessary collection & submission of financial documents.
- Good knowledge of Account payable and receivable processes.
- Monthly processing of PAYE and all statutory deductions for remittance.
- Ensuring monthly collection of PAYES and all deductions receipt and filing it
- Ensure all payment and journal vouchers are electronically archived on monthly basis
- Properly label all files and arrange vouchers in their appropriate folders on the shelf for easy retrieval.
- Support during audits to retrieve selected samples a week before the commencement of any audit exercise • Return all vouchers to their appropriate box files after the conclusion of any audit exercise
- Produce soft/scanned copies of documents for retention purposes.
- Keep a standard record of document retrieval and return log
- Verify all transactions and ensure that the relevant supporting documents have been filed
- Maintain a filing system for all transactions
- Support in maintaining soft copy archiving system
- Perform any other task assigned by the line manager.
Finance / Budgeting:
- Act always in accordance with local law and standards of accounting practice.
- Review budget with the aim of gaining a clear understanding of budget guidelines and instructions.
- Review funding allocations to enable proper guidance to programs and proper coding.
- Provide training to program staff on finance issues.
- Produce monthly and quarterly reports to be reviewed by your supervisor.
- An HND / B.Sc in Accounting.
- 2 years’ experience especially in the humanitarian setting or/and 1 year audit or accountancy work experience
- Attention to Detail
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work under pressure and sometimes shift between work time
- Ability to work within a multicultural and multi-religious settings.
- Interpersonal skill; Communication and negotiation skills; Administrative & Time Management skills; Must have strong analytical, planning and people management skills; Ability to prepare clear and concise report
- Fluency in English and working knowledge the local language.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible. • Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent, and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is actionoriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge, and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- This is a national position and only candidates residing in the location of the duty station within commuting distance will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment.
Application Closing Date
27th September, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Cover Letter and CV in a single PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.