Job ID 22544
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an international, private, non-governmental, non-profit humanitarian organization. Our organization offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters, to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. We have been working in Nigeria since February 1996.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Employment Type: Full-time
Main objective and responsibility of the position
- Execute administrative and finance related tasks and follow up of project accountancy to support the Project Finance Manager following MSF standard and procedures, in order to ensure legal compliance and keep a strict control over monetary resources to achieve project objectives.
- Implementing cash management procedures in order to ensure the highest control and security, assisting the Project Fin Manager in the provision of monthly treasury and planning in order to ensure the coverage of daily needs, advances on salaries, payroll, etc.
- Processing the payment to suppliers and keeping strict on all documentation involved, informing the administration manager of any sort of disparity
- Carrying out all accounting tasks and activities, classifying, preparing, and filing of all accounting pieces in accounting software, in order to ensure strict control of all expenditures and the reliability of statements and documentation.
- Following up on of all expiring rental contract dates informing the Administration Manager in order to leave enough time to arrange a renewal or look for some other alternative.
- Making all administrative information available to the staff (posting, meetings, etc.), supporting the Project Finance Manager in translating documents into the local language and assisting in meetings upon request.
- Any other administrative task delegated by the Project Finance/HR Manager.
MSF Section/Context-specific Accountabilities
- Prepare monthly MR (money request) and send it to the coordination after approval of the Finance Manager.
- Conduct the cash count with the Fin/HR Manager on a weekly basis (every Friday) and send the cash count report to the coordination.
- Thoroughly go through all the payment invoices and check the availability of all the required supporting documents and signatures of the authorized signatories’ before processing the payment.
- Make sure that all the open advances are closed in a timely manner and in case of any irregularities, report it to the Fin/HR Manager.
- Keep a record of the tax and other financial documents and guidelines.
- Work closely with the supply department in order to avoid any confusion on the payment of suppliers’ invoices and maintain a good mutual understanding as well with the supply department colleagues.
- Update on any delay of any suppliers’ invoice payment to the supply department/suppliers.
- Be ready to be a backup for HR Assistant when required.
- Monitor and carry out the food pot expenses calculation of the international staff every month.
- In order to maintain quality work in finance, strictly follow the cash hours & bank payment days.
- Support the International Staff in order to open a bank account locally, if needed.
- Update unifield cash and bank registers daily basis.
- Weekly and month end cash reconciliation.
- Work with Fin/HR Manager on month close.
- Organizing monthly bookkeeping documents and make scan report (complete authorization, accounting stamp, bar coding, monthly checklist, bank and cash reconciliation).
- Monthly cash flow MMR send to Coordination finance.
- Tax remittance and schedule submitting respective tax office and collect original receipt.
- Bank payment document verification and send complete document to coordination office.
- Perform their duties observing the MSF policies and in compliance with relevant SOPs of the department and immediately reporting to the supervisor whenever compliance is or cannot be met.
Requirements (Qualifications / Experience / Knowledge)
To apply for this role, applicants MUST meet the following criteria:
- Desirable: Finance, Business or Administration related diploma.
- Essential previous working experience of at least two years in relevant jobs.
- Desirable experience in MSF or other NGOs in developing countries.
- Mission language and local language essential
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Results and Quality Orientation, Teamwork and Cooperation, Behavioural Flexibility, Commitment to MSF Principles, Stress Management.
Application Closing Date
21st February 2023 (05:00 pm).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Send their Cover Letter, latest Curriculum Vitae (CV) and photocopies of only necessary credentials as one document with telephone contact details (daytime) to: email@example.com using “FINANCE ASSISTANT” as the subject of the email.
- Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
- Lastly, only one online application form should be submitted as multiple submissions will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- NO Transportation and/or any allowance will be provided during the recruitment process.
- MSF is an equal opportunities employer and promotes diversity within the organization.