Job ID 29682
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries. We save children’s lives. We fight for their rights. We help them fulfil their potential. Save the Children is working in Nigeria because one in five children in Nigeria dies before their fifth birthday. About 40% of children miss out on school and have to work to survive while nearly 2 million children have lost one or both parents to an AIDS-related disease.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Job Identification: 2471
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
Job Schedule: Full time
Team / Programme: Humanitarian
Job Category: Finance
Post Type: National
- Level 3: either the role holder will have access to personal data about children and/or young people as part of their work; or they will be working in a ‘regulated’ position (accountant, barrister, solicitor, legal executive); therefore, a police check will be required (at ‘standard’ level in the UK or equivalent in other countries).
- The Finance Assistant has responsibility to manage payments, receipts and disbursement of funds.
- He/she would be responsible for GLACOS. Registration and filling of documents. He/she will also provide support to the finance unit
Key Areas of Accountability
- Writing of Checks as approved by relevant budget holders.
- Maintain proper filing and easy retrieval of finance documentation.
- Perform Bank related activities (Pick up Bank Statements, collect office running cash, etc).
- Conduct weekly and month end cash counts.
- Payment of participants and other SCI cash payments out of the office
- Update daily Cash GLACOS and reconcile cash and book balances.
- Maintain petty cash with strong supervision from the finance officer.
- Update & maintain manual cash book.
- Maintain optimum cash balances and advises the Finance Officer for cash replenishment (including emergencies)
Financial Information and other support functions:
- Assist during audit to retrieve all relevant documents for audit exercise.
- Assist others requiring information on transactions to retrieve relevant payment vouchers and documentation for their use.
- Registration of all cash paid invoices in GLACOS on weekly basis
- Weekly and daily cash Reconciliation
- Ensure all documents are filed and stamped “PAID.”
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor or line manager.
- Internal: All budget-holders, Bank Signatories and other staffs.
- External: Auditors, Bank, Government bodies, include regulatory agencies.
Qualifications and Experience
- Level of Education – B.Sc / HND or equivalent
- Specified Study Area – Finance / Accounting.
- Knowledge and experience in working with INGO.
- Excellent verbal communication and listening skills.
- Language Requirements: Spoken English-Excellent; Written English-Excellent
- Level of IT Expertise: Excellent (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.).
- Professional certificate in accounting and finance.
- Good training and facilitation skills (for financial training/support to partners).
- Ability to multi-task, engage in long-term planning, meet deadlines, and handle last-minute demands; exercise patience, and adapt to changing circumstances.
- Ability to be creative and proactive health service improvement is essential.
Skills and Behaviours (Our Values in Practice)
- Accuracy and timeliness in all areas of responsibility
- High level of accuracy in work, and ability to analyse complex sets of relationships and situations.
- Holds self and others accountable.
- Creating best-in-class EA function
- Future-orientated, thinks pro-actively.
- Working effectively with stakeholders to achieve common goals.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners.
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Designing more effective admin systems
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- Honesty, encourages openness and transparency, demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
Application Closing Date
7th August, 2023 at 10:40 AM.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Other jobs you may like
HR Admin / Logistics Assistant at Concern for Women and Children Development Foundation (COWACDI) Featured
- @ ListingAPI-2
- Yobe, Concern for Women and Children Development Foundation (COWACDI)