Job ID 24642
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Job Identification: 3000589
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Job Category: Finance
Job Shift: Day
Travel: Must be willing and able to travel up to 10%
- You will efficiently provide comprehensive information, clerical, and accounting services to assist the Finance Department in executing processes and delivering service needs that support high-quality programs serving the poor and vulnerable.
- As part of an experienced finance team you will deliver quality support in your role, applying clearly defined accounting and financial reporting processes, procedures and service standards.
Roles and Key Responsibilities
- Support all physical banking activities including the management of correspondences and support to staff official banking activities.
- Updating the payment tracker.
- Provide administrative and clerical support to financial transactions processing. Prepare, type, photocopy, and scan related documentation. File accounting and financial reporting documentation as instructed.
- Support the processing and remittance of all statutory remittances like Withholding tax, pension, NSITF.
- Perform data entry for financial transactions payment recording, following validation by the next-level Finance staff.
- Keep custody of various documents (e.g. bank reconciliation statements, evidence of remittances of taxes
- Coordinate the annual filling of tax returns for the Country program.
- Be responsible for issuing invoices to all staff for personal use of vehicles/ guest house.
- Any other task as may be required by the Finance Manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-oriented. Able to meet deadlines.
- Strong customer service ethic and abilities. Ability to work collaboratively.
- Experience using MS Office packages, in particular Excel and Word. Hands-on experience with data entry into online databases and forms.
Key Working Relationships:
- Internal: Snr Finance officer, Finance Officers, Finance manager
- External: National Banks.
- BSc in Accounting or Finance, Economics, or any relevant field
- 1 – 2 years’ work experience in a similar role with some familiarity of standard accounting practices. Experience with an international organization a plus.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship.
Application Closing Date
19th April, 2023 (4:13PM).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
- Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
- All positions requiring residence or frequent travel outside their home country must undergo and clear a pre-employment medical examination.
- CRS talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to safeguarding the rights and dignity of all people – especially children and vulnerable adults – to live free from abuse and harm.
- CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.