Job ID 36901
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Christian Aid (CA) is a UK-based international NGO partnering with others to end poverty in Africa. At the heart of this vision is the transformation of the lives of people who live in poverty, empowering them to have a brighter future. Christian Aid works in more than 30 countries and has been operating in Nigeria since 2003. The Nigeria Country programme focuses on Community Health and HIV, Accountable Governance including humanitarian response and Gender.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Intern
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full-time
About the Role
- This role will support CAID financial management functions at the Maiduguri field office and ensure that adequate financial records are kept at the field office.
- The role will ensure that payment requests for staff in those locations are processed and retired on a timely basis.
- The Finance Intern will be responsible for preparing financial documentation, petty cash reimbursement, petty cash advances, and for coordinating payments to volunteers etc.
- The role is required to be familiar with CA and donor financial compliance requirements and to ensure that these are operationalised in the Maiduguri field office and other areas support may be required.
- The role holder should have the education to a Degree level or equivalent in Accounting or any Social Sciences discipline with a 1 to 2 years experience in a similar role.
- You should have experience working within a fragile context, experience working with institutional donors, particularly UN agencies, experience working with Accounting software, preferably SUN as well as an understanding of the local language.
Application Closing Date
5th November, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online