Job ID 2103
Experience 5 Years
Gender Male or Famele
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Manager
Job type: 2021200293
Job Type: Full-time
Supervisor: Director, Finance, Procurement & CMS
- This position will report to the Director, Finance, Procurement & CMS and will be responsible for providing constant reporting to senior management on financial and budget targets.
- He/She will also be responsible for maintaining FHI 360 Nigeria’s accounting systems, providing technical and application support for the accounting system, and trouble-shooting issues relating to the system.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare pipeline reports covering all Nigeria portfolios.
- Provide support to the Director, Finance, Procurement & CMS, Finance in the forecasting, monitoring, and reporting of the operating and capital budgets and financials.
- Analyze and interpret financial data for the purpose of determining financial performance and projecting financial probability, including monthly pipeline report.
- Analyze budget patterns and project expenditures.
- Develop cash flow projections for funded and support activities.
- Ensure that expenditures for budgets, grants and contracts are monitored and the reports are prepared to maintain balance account.
- Administer the expenditure of funds, ensuring that funds are expended according to sponsoring organization’s stipulations and appropriate guidelines.
- Provide instructions and answer questions relating to budget procedures, provide budget recommendations to a wide range of issues.
- Provide support to the Director, Finance, Procurement & CMS in managing implementation of custom changes to the accounting system. Apply accounting and auditing principles and techniques to ensure that data integrity, internal controls and audit trails are maintained throughout all transactions.
- Provide support to the States and field offices in monitoring and reporting of the operating and capital budgets and financials.
- Monitor budgets and financial reports for all IA sub-agreements not directly managed by the field offices.
- Build the capacity of finance staff in financial management support and reporting and provide professional support to them.
- Analyze, develop, and monitor accounting/fiscal control procedures and program budgets.
- Resolve problems with country office cash advance and financial discrepancies.
- Prepare and manage cost proposals in response to RFA’s, RFP’s and unsolicited proposals for new funding opportunities as needed.
- Ensure availability of funds by reviewing Final Cost Objective (FCO)/ Award ID Code requests and enter budgets into the general ledger system.
- Supervise, coach, and mentor, to include assigning of responsibilities, conducting performance reviews, assessing, and identifying development opportunities that strengthen the organizational role of Finance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and requirements
- BS/BA degree in Accounting, Finance and Business Administration or its recognized equivalent, and 7 – 9 years relevant experience.
- Or MS/MA degree in Accounting, Finance and Business Administration or its recognized equivalent, and 5 – 7 years relevant experience.
- Minimum of 3 years in a supervisory role with experience in financial management and reporting.
- Familiarity with U.S. Government grants or other client funded programs, contracting and auditing standards as they apply to the effective management of multi-year funds is required.
- CPA, ACCA, ACA, ACMA or any other relevant professional qualification is required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of local and donor contractual requirements and regulations
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting, budgeting and fiscal control theory and practices.
- Budget development skills with multi funding sources and general ledger skills.
- Relevant software skills to include automated accounting software and database spreadsheets and Management Information Systems.
- Ability to work with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, and recipients of assistance.
- Report to supervisor on variances and status on regular basis.
- Work independently with initiative to manage high volume workflow.
- Routine coordination with FHI employees and consultants, on-site and in the field.
- Demonstrated analytical skills in the interpretation of budgetary, financial, and related management information.
- Ability to conduct complex system analysis studies involving financially oriented applications.
- Must have report writing skills and be able to communicate with impact.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize and handle pressure situations.
- Excellent numerical, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Perform detail-oriented work with a high level of accuracy.
- Maintain confidentiality for sensitive issues or projects and use judgment and decision-making to execute duties and responsibilities.
- Handle financial and quantitative information with accuracy and precision; resourceful in gathering, verifying and analyzing financial data.
- Must exhibit high levels of professionalism, integrity and ethical values at all times.
- Time management skills, both in planning and organizing work to meet deadlines.
- Ability to effectively communicate financial and internal control issues to staff with little or no financial background.
- Ability to travel a minimum of 25%.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Other jobs you may like
HR Admin / Logistics Assistant at Concern for Women and Children Development Foundation (COWACDI) Featured
- @ ListingAPI-2
- Yobe, Concern for Women and Children Development Foundation (COWACDI)