Job ID 31249
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
PIC Group, Inc., headquartered in Atlanta, GA and established in 1988, is a global provider of service solutions to the power generation industry. PIC’s comprehensive portfolio of services supports all aspects of power project development including installation, outage, start-up and commissioning, operations and maintenance, documentation and training, and project support.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Manager
Location: Benin City, Edo
Employment Type: Full Time
Reports to: Plant Manager
- The Finance Manager is a member of the Azura plant staff reporting to and implementing directives of the Plant Manager and the PIC Group Corporate CFO for this 460MW natural gas fired simple cycle plant with Siemens gas turbines.
- The Finance Manager is responsible for financial management that includes daily, weekly, and monthly reporting and is responsible for the General Accounting and Financial records of the plant.
- The Finance Manager is responsible for ensuring that all corporate and plant finance and purchasing policies are adhered to.
- The Finance Manager will conduct periodic assessments of the program to identify areas of improvement and make recommendations to senior management to enhance the overall finance department performance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare annual operating budget in collaboration with the leadership team.
- Perform monthly budget variance analysis with detailed variance explanations.
- Maintain the general ledger and cost accounting data files.
- Alert plant management on expenditure exceeding allocated budgets.
- Recommends implements and maintains compliance in reporting.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, and quarterly financial reports for corporate office.
- Responsible for reviewing monthly closing documents and reports.
- Responsible for review forecast vs actual budget and carry out analysis and identified solutions
- Review and approve reconciliation of general ledger accounts.
- Responsible for overseeing fixed assets.
- Ensure adequate controls and custody of cash receipts and payments at the plant
- Perform cost/benefit analysis and prepare capital expenditure request forms.
- Ensures that all relevant documentation related to payment of invoices is accurate and attached before posting is made.
- Ensure all invoices are correctly coded both nominal and VAT, authorized and paid before posting into the accounting software.
- Reconciling of all general ledger accounts with the help of the auditors.
- Collates and Co-ordinates the accounts and finances of the plant and ensures compliance with the company’s accounting policies and budgets.
- Oversees all finance and accounting books and records including invoices, receipts, Delivery Notes, cash payments and receipts books, purchase books, purchase order forms and payment vouchers and orders and bank reconciliation books.
- Liaises with the Corporate for the resolution of payroll problems pertaining to staff, allowances, salary adjustments, and deductions.
- Coordinates vendor verification procedure.
- Ensure update financial information including Quarterly results, Annual reports, Tax fillings and remittances and Audit reports.
- Schedules and maintains staff and equipment audit records on a weekly basis.
- Work continuously to improve Finance process, through automations, setting up knowledge management system, Finance staff training, succession plan, departmental performance review and business continuity plan assessment and implementations.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- 10+ years prior experience in a finance-related position.
- Department management experience preferred.
- Experienced working in the power generation industry, oil & gas, or factory settings industry preferred.
- This position must report to the plant site each day and stay at the camp during certain periods.
- Successful candidates may be required to work extended hours including weekends and holidays, as necessary.
- Microsoft Office (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint) proficient.
- Experience with Maximo (CMMS) and accounting software for Corporate Reporting.
- Strong interpersonal skills working with all levels of management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience using databases to create and manage records to create reports.
- Valid Passport with the ability to travel international.
- Duties require walking, standing, or sitting for extended periods of time.
- The use of protective equipment (i.e., hard hats, safety glasses, air masks, ear protection, etc.) may be required.
PIC Group, Inc. offers competitive wages and benefits.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should
Click here to apply online
- We seek out and employ talented individuals who meet the qualifications for each position.
- Due to the large number of responses we receive to our postings, only those applicants with the required experience and qualifications will be contacted.
- PIC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.