Job ID 21399
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
International Alert is one of the world’s leading peacebuilding organisations, with over 30 years of experience supporting communities, advising governments, organisations and companies on how to build peace. Alert works with people in conflict-affected and threatened areas to make a positive difference for peace; to improve the substance and implementation of international policies relevant to peacebuilding; and to strengthen the peacebuilding sector.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Officer
Location: Kaduna / Zamfara / Benue / Sokoto, Nigeria
Contract Duration: 12 Months
The Finance Officer will:
- Manage the finance, administration and operations procedures
- Supervise and manage the performance of relevant staff
- Support other sub-offices in financial and operational matters.
- Other relevant tasks as required by the line manager
Manage the Finance, Administration and Operations Procedures of Alert Offices:
- Ensure total compliance with Alert policies, donor regulations, and national law in all finance, administration processes
- Prepare fund requests for Alert office running costs and service providers in a timely manner
- Review all staff activity and travel expenditure requests and advance retirements for processing
- Maintain the petty cash of the office assigned.
Supervise and Manage Performance of Office Staff:
- Line manage staff under supervision, in line with Alert’s performance management policy (PMP).
- Ensure the work of the staff under supervision is conducted with quality and in compliance by ensuring adequate onboarding and coaching
- Develop capacity building plan for supervisees.
Support other sub-offices in financial and operational matters:
- Liaise with suppliers/service providers in the region to support procurement and operational processes for Alert office
- Organise logistical arrangements for staff travelling interstates for official purposes
- Review, approve and support procurement processes within level of authority (see Finance and Procurement manuals)
- Conduct audits and spot-checks of implementing partners
Application Closing Date
2nd February, 2023 (23:59 UK Time).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Other jobs you may like
HR Admin / Logistics Assistant at Concern for Women and Children Development Foundation (COWACDI) Featured
- @ ListingAPI-2
- Yobe, Concern for Women and Children Development Foundation (COWACDI)