Job ID 4507
Experience 2 Years
Gender Male or Famele
Medecins du Monde (MdM) is an international humanitarian organization whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over, including France. It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care. MdM operating in Nigeria, Borno state since October 2016.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Finance Support Officer (M / F)
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Fixed-term Contract (0 – 3 months)
Starting Date: May 10, 2021
- Under the supervision of the finance coordinator, you are responsible for the management of the mission budget tool as well as its ownership and adequate use by the different teams.
- You ensure training and capacity building of the finance team, while working closely with the coordination team and the HQ finance manager.
Your main responsibilities are the following:
- Train and coach finance staff on accounting aspects
- Support the finance and compliance manager and ensure the accounting system/management is accurate and in line with policies
- Support and train finance staff on administrative documents filing and archiving
- Ensure that the digital recording/archiving of the accountancy is implemented
- Ensure accuracy of the budget follow-up and forecast figures and formulas
- Revise and ensure proper financial plan in collaboration with the finance coordinator
- Participate in the 2021 budget revision exercice
- Participate to the monthly project reviews and provide input from budget follow-up and forecast to the field teams
- Support and train teams on monthly budget forecast
- Provide on job training on the use of budget follow-up and forecast to programme and support teams
- Contribute to the finance department set-up review and restructuring
- Participate in recruitment processes when requested
- Conduct staff induction and training as per protocols
Communication and reporting:
- Ensure regular meetings with the finance coordinator and the HQ finance manager
- Elaborate financial reports in close collaboration with the programme team and transfer them to the finance coordinator for validation
- Participate in the budget proposal/amendment under the supervision of the finance coordinator.
- University Degree in Accounting, Economics or any related field
- Experience of 2 years minimum in a similar position with international NGO Previous experience with MdM an asset
- Experience in multi donors’ budgets and multi-country grants
- Experience in training and capacity-building
- Leadership and supportive management style
- Taste for challenging living and working conditions
- Reactivity, adaptable, initiative
- Ability to classify and to manage priorities
- Knowledge of pack Office Knowledge of Saga
- Fluent English (written and spoken) mandatory.
- French is an asset.
Gross Monthly Salary / Benefits
- 2,575 euros. Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments – minimum of 6 months seniority required
- Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
- Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
- Guesthouse housing 22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
- 5 weeks of paid leaves per year
- Health insurance (60% covered by Modem and 40% by the employee) Insurance (repatriation…)
- Punctual teleworking agreement (40 days/year – minimum of 6 months seniority required).
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- You embrace the core values and support the proactive philosophy of Médecins du Monde.
- Given the current circumstances of Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking special measures to apply health protocols and hygiene measures to guarantee the safety of our staff.
- Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility .
Other jobs you may like
- @ ListingAPI-2
- Kaduna North, Kaduna, Centre for Community Development and Research Network (CCDRN)