Job ID 27314
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peace building.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Fleet Manager
Location: Abuja (FCT)
- You will manage the Country Program’s (CP) owned and leased fleet, vehicle management system, and drivers to meet all travel and transportation needs in support of the delivery of high-quality programming to the poor and vulnerable.
- With your actions you will safeguard the organization’s motorized assets and all other resources related to fleet operations and will ensure the safety and security of passengers and transported goods to minimize risks and liabilities.
Roles and Key Responsibilities
- Develop and manage operating procedures for fleet operations and maintenance. Monitor and assess compliance, efficiency and effectiveness, and recommend improvements in compliance with agency travel and vehicle-related policies, local legal requirements, and donor regulations.
- Monitor and assess performance of CRS’ authorized users and take action to ensure safety and security. Investigate, report, and follow-up on incidents and accidents involving CRS vehicles, drivers, and passengers.
- Collaborate and coordinate with all departments to identify needs and plan travel and transportation services. Schedule and manage vehicle movements, perform situational analysis and plan routes, assign drivers, and rent vehicles, if needed, to ensure optimal resource use and meet program needs per required schedules and standards.
- Ensure legal, safe, economic, and environmentally sustainable fleet through planning and overseeing regular diagnostic checks and timely and quality maintenance and repair of all motorized assets, and vehicle disposal, as needed. Ensure the physical security of all motorized assets, spare parts, and fuel
- Effectively manage talent and supervise. Manage team dynamics and staff well-being. Provide coaching and complete performance management for direct reports. Monitor and assess performance to ensure adequate capacity.
- Manage a reliable and up-to-date records keeping and vehicle data management system to document, monitor, and account for all motorized assets, fuel, spare parts and equipment inventory, and all vehicle movements.
- Prepare reports, analyze data, and use information to plan, budget, and track activities, inventories, and expenditures to ensure continuous roadworthy fleet operations responsive to program needs.
- The Fleet Manager will directly supervisor 3 fleet officers in the CP.
Key Working Relationships:
- Internal: Fleet officers, Protocol and Travel Officer, Logistics Manager, Head of SCM, Head of Admin, Head of Offices, Security staff, Project Managers, Program staff, Senior and Leadership management teams.
- External:CRS Nigeria Visitors and partners, relevant local authorities including VIO, Road Safety Corps, Ministry of Works & Transport, vehicle insurance cover service providers, fuel/petrol and vehicle maintenance and repair vendors.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field required. Professional certifications(s) in transportation, logistics, or supply chain preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in fleet/transportation and/or logistics management and/or vehicle maintenance and repair.
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
- English language
- Include percentage of required travel, if applicable. Could be stated as Must be willing and able to travel up to 25%.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong planning, coordination, and prioritization skills
- Able to manage multiple task simultaneously.
- Service-oriented with focus on meeting customer needs
- Very good negotiation and relationship management skills
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented
- Supervisory experience
- Excellent knowledge of local road traffic regulations, road network and road safety best practices.
- Experience in inventory management and control principles.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations, and to analyze fleet-related data.
- Proficient in MS Office package (Excel, Word). Experience with database management systems (e.g. MS Access) a plus.
Agency Leadership Competencies:
- Lead Change – Continually looks for ways to improve the agency through a culture of agility, openness, and innovation.
- Develops and Recognizes Others – Builds the capacity of staff to reach their full potential and enhances team and agency performance.
- Strategic Mindset – Understands role in translating, communicating, and implementing agency strategy and team priorities.
Agency REDI Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
Agency competencies clarify expected behaviors and attitudes for all staff. When demonstrated, they create an engaging workplace, help staff achieve their best, and help CRS achieve agency goals. These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Personal Accountability – Consistently takes responsibility for one’s own actions.
- Acts with Integrity -Consistently models values aligned with CRS Guiding Principles and mission. Is considered honest.
- Builds and Maintains Trust -Shows consistency between words and actions.
- Collaborates with Others – Works effectively in intercultural and diverse teams.
- Open to Learn – Seeks out experiences that may change perspective or provide an opportunity to learn new things.
Application Closing Date
11th June, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
- Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
- CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
- CRS prioritizes candidates who are citizens/ permanent residents of the countries where we have CRS offices.
- CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Other jobs you may like
HR Admin / Logistics Assistant at Concern for Women and Children Development Foundation (COWACDI) Featured
- @ ListingAPI-2
- Yobe, Concern for Women and Children Development Foundation (COWACDI)