Job ID 1906
Experience 4 Years
Gender Male or Famele
Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Food Security and Livelihood Sector Manager
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job Type: Full Time
Department: Programmes – FSL
Level: Manager / Supervisor
Expected Start Date: As soon as possible
- Action Against Hunger (Action Contre la Faim – ACF) began operations in Nigeria in 2010 in response to the high rate of chronic malnutrition in Northern Nigeria, focusing on integrated programming and looking at the Nutrition for children, pregnant and lactating mothers. In 2011, we expanded our work to begin implementing nutrition development projects in Jigawa and in Yobe. Following the crises in Northeast Nigeria, we further expanded our operations in Borno State in 2014 in response to the crisis to address the Nutrition, Health, Food security & livelihoods, WASH, and shelter needs of conflict-affected communities. We are operational in 11 Local Government Areas of Borno, 12 in Yobe and 3 in Jigawa.
- ACF is looking for an FSL Sector Manager who will be responsible for directing the implementation of food security and livelihood section of the EU project.
- He / She will be responsible for planning and implementing the activities according to the project’s outline.
- The incumbent will assist in proposing solutions and improvements concerning the project’s progress under the guidance and direct supervision of the Senior Project Manager (SPM).
- Develop detailed planning and implementation strategies for kitchen garden, farmers field school and other agricultural activities related components of the program in collaboration with the SPM and technical guidance of the FSL Head of Department.
- Develop detailed planning and implementation strategies for Cash-based Transfer, Social Protection activities in collaboration with the SPM and guidance from the FSL technical team.
- Develop detailed planning and implementation strategies for economic strengthening of the income generation activities of the households in collaboration SPM and guidance from the FSL technical team.
- Compile monthly FSL program technical reports with an overview of activities of the program, contextual updates, and quantitative indicator follow-up and submit to SPM for consolidation.
- Evaluate and update project needs (HR, financing, logistics).
- Elaborate appropriate questionnaires and apply the follow-up and supervision tools of the project
- Ensure follow-up of the project’s progress and write suitable reports.
- Propose solutions and improvements concerning the project’s progress.
- Coordinate activities and sensitize local partners in the field.
- Review reports and gauge program progress against the logical framework, ensuring compliance with AAH internal and donor’s reporting standards.
- Assist the SPM in reviewing the FSL program budget and then follow up with support departments to ensure adherence to workplan.
- Review with SPM all procurement requests for FSL activities area of the program component before submission to the logistics department.
- Support in follow up on logistics requirements in coordination with the procurement officer and Log manager
- Ensure that all program-related data and information on FSL activities area of the program is correct, updated, organized and accessible to the country program, HQ and other key stakeholders, and that lessons learnt and best practice are documented.
- Facilitate and support systematic monitoring and evaluation of activities.
- Support development of activities progress reports for the program team as well as contribute to the development of donor reports.
- Organize and supervise the work of the team to optimize the capacity of each team member.
- Take part actively in the recruitment and the training of staff, in cooperation with the SPM.
- Lead and support the Evaluation (performance appraisal) of FSL staff and ensure that all staff have planned and completed PAs, recommendations for capacity building and career development milestones.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Agriculture, Social Sciences, Peacebuilding, Business, Economics or another related field.
- Minimum of 4 years of work experience in implementing food security and livelihood projects
- Experience in a managerial / supervisory position
- Good knowledge of techniques and agricultural production systems
- Good knowledge of implementing projects in insecure contexts
- Experience in social protection, Cash for Work, Income Generating Activities and other livelihood programming
- Previous development programming experience
- Capacity to write high quality reports
Minimum Basic Salary
NGN339,448 per month.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Other jobs you may like
HR Admin / Logistics Assistant at Concern for Women and Children Development Foundation (COWACDI) Featured
- @ ListingAPI-2
- Yobe, Concern for Women and Children Development Foundation (COWACDI)