Job ID 34178
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Chemonics International – We’re one of the world’s leading partners in international development, because where Chemonics works, development works. From our founding in 1975, we have worked in more than 150 countries to help our clients, partners and beneficiaries take on the world’s toughest challenges. Today, we re-imagine global supply chains to deliver essential medicines to the right place at the right time. Our global network of more than 4,000 specialists share an unwavering resolve to work better, driven by a conviction that the world must be better.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Forecasting and Supply Planning Manager
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Scope of Work
- This scope of work (SOW) sets forth the services to be provided by the Forecasting and Supply Planning Manager to SAII Associates Ltd/Gte, an associate company of Chemonics International Inc. in the implementation of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) in Nigeria.
- The purpose of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program–Procurement and Supply Management single award IDIQ contract is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities to prevent suffering, save lives, and create a brighter future for families around the world.
- The IDIQ has four task orders that directly support the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and USAID’s family planning and reproductive health program.
- GHSC-PSM provides health commodity procurement services and systems strengthening technical assistance that address all elements of a comprehensive supply chain. All four task orders are implemented in Nigeria.
- The Forecasting and Supply Planning Manager will lead forecasting and supply planning for ARVs/OIs and technical assistance to NASCP on National quantification activities, TWG meetings product transitions etc. and report to the Senior Manager, Plan and Source
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Provided technical leadership and support for the annual health commodities forecasting and supply planning at the national and state levels.
- Lead the development of quarterly supply plan updates and submission of Quantimed and QAT database to the GHSC-PSM Home office on specific health commodities to inform procurement decision and funding mobilization.
- Lead the process of coordinating and monitoring shipments from different donors; routinely assess and mitigate risk of treatment interruption from delays in shipment; and provide feedback to relevant stakeholders
- Coordinate capacity building for Government counterparts and implementing partners on forecast and supply plan for health products.
- Provide technical leadership to health program procurement and supply management technical working group (PSM-TWG) meetings on supply chain activities around products selection, regime analysis and product use.
- Collaborate with procurement and sourcing teams to manage client’s expectation on product selection, pricing, and availability to support service delivery.
- In collaboration with the Integrated Supply Chain Planning team, coordinate and share information on national months of stock of relevant health commodities to inform procurement prioritization.
- Lead the preparation of program reporting and performance evaluation on forecasting and supply planning indicators to guide decision of performance management and improvement.
- Coordinate and monitor a team of technical advisors and associates assign on forecasting and supply planning activities for improved program performance.
- Develop and deliver appropriate supply chain presentations and reports on current situations, innovations and supply chain solutions that will promote sustainable systems.
- Maintain a good knowledge and understanding of all office rules and procedures as set forth in the field office policy manual.
- Support achievement of the overall project goals as required to ensure project performance.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- The Forecasting and Supply Planning Manager will report to the Senior Manager, Plan and Source or his/her designee.
Working Conditions/Duration of Assignment:
- This is a long-term position for the life of the contract based in Abuja, Nigeria.
- Master’s Degree in Pharmacy, Public Health, Medical Laboratory Sciences, Supply Chain Operations, or related field required.
- Seven to ten years of professional experience in health programs, preferably in an international healthcare supply chain management environment
- Specific experience in HIV/AID, TB, Malaria, FP and MNCH programs
- Demonstrated ability to monitor and train in health supply chain programs
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent technical writing and oral presentation skills desirable
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and manage a team
- Ability to use forecasting and supply planning tool (Quantimed, QAT etc.)
- Ability and willingness to travel in the field
- Experience working on a USAID or donor-funded project required
- Fluency in English is required
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online