Job ID 33040
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Chemonics International – The USAID Lagos Urban Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene Activity (LUWASH) is a $44 million Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) activity. LUWASH will increase the availability, quality and use of safe water and sanitation services and improve the governance and sustainable management of associated sector institutions in Lagos, Nigeria. Through an integrated, market-based approach, LUWASH will work across the value chain of WASH services to bolster supply and manage demand within a strengthened framework of sector governance, financing, and regulated services. The activity aims to catalyze sector transformation and generate WASH service improvements for at least 4 million people in low-income communities and build a foundation for continued progress beyond LUWASH.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Gender Equality and Social Inclusion Specialist
Employment Type: Full-time
- We seek a Gender equality and social inclusion specialist for the USAID Lagos Urban Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene Activity (LUWASH) in Nigeria.
- The project aims to increase availability and sustainable management of safe and climate-resilient water and sanitation services in Lagos, Nigeria. LUWASH will increase the availability, quality and use of safe water and sanitation services and improve the governance and sustainable management of associated sector institutions in Lagos.
- The activity’s objective is to expand and improve urban WASH service delivery and infrastructure through strengthened governance, increased accountability, and improved financial and technical capabilities of public water utilities and private sector providers.
- The project has four components as follows: governance and institutional arrangements strengthened to deliver improved WASH services, public and private service provider performance improved, access to safe and sustainable water services increased, access to safe and sustainable sanitation increased and the quality of source water improved.
- The GESI Specialist reports to the MEL Advisor.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the creation of the comprehensive project-level gender action strategy and plan, including the creation of output and outcome targets.
- Identify, develop, and nurture a network of relevant Nigerian gender and inclusion experts to participate in activities, provide lectures, and sit on panels.
- Identify activities through which the Gender and Inclusion Strategy can be utilized.
- Evaluate inclusion obstacles within the context of the project and provide recommendations to LUWASH leadership regarding possible trainings or other actions that would facilitate beneficiary buy-in at the community level.
- In coordination with the Component Leads, draft specific, context driven sub-plans to address gender concerns per activity.
- Support whole-of-program analyses of approaches to ensure that vulnerable groups benefit from program activities.
- Provide briefings on gender equality and gender analysis to grants under contract recipients.
- Undertake a GESI analyses of proposals for the programs Grants Under Contract Fund targeting WASH.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
- University Degree in Social Services, Business Administration, or other relevant field.
- Minimum of five (5) years of GESI experience.
- Experience working with USAID or other donor-funded programs preferred.
- Demonstrated professional excellence and strong analytical skills.
- Ability to build consensus and coordinate with diverse actors, including government, NGOs, civil society organizations, and private sector.
- Strong communication and facilitation skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required.
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
Application Closing Date
13th October, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter attached to: LUWASHrecruit@gmail.com with “Gender Equality and Social Inclusion Specialist” as the subject of the email.
- No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
- Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.