Job ID 31430
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Agbeyewa Farms is a world-class agribusiness with farm operations in Ekiti State, Nigeria. We have foresight for expansion into Africa whilst we create decent jobs and economic opportunities for local communities and become a force to reckon with in the agribusiness on a global scale.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: General Manager
Location: Ado Ekiti, Ekiti
Job Type: Full-time
- We are looking out to hire a reliable and well-experienced General Manager to join our capable team of professionals.
- To be successful in this role, you should have a good background and experience in monitoring and evaluating the overall business performance, staff, assets, purchasing supplies, budget preparation and reports and ensuring maximum profit while maintaining professional networks keeping abreast developments in agriculture both locally and on the global scene.
- Manage the overall business activity and promote the sales of all farm produce and product.
- Analyze existing operations and processes and recommending improvements as appropriate
- Prepare plans and schedules for planting and harvesting and ensuring staff understands expectations.
- Visit the different divisions to inspect and ensure staffs follow the required standards and regulations.
- Manage the supply of raw materials to include agrochemicals, seeds, fertilizers, pesticides, and other supplies are regularly restocked based on request at every point in time.
- Ensure maintenance schedules are followed by all technicians and staff of the farm for all machines, tools, and equipment.
- Manage staff compliance and ensure adherence to health and safety regulations.
- Support all recruitment efforts to ensure the best hands are on every job function as related to the farm activities.
- Recommend and facilitate training for farm staff as required.
- Work with relevant authorities to ensure compliance and relevant certifications are awarded to facilitate the best standard of operations.
- Collaborating with senior staff to prepare budgets and financial reports.
- Build professional networks and keeping abreast of developments in agricultural science.
- Scan through the farm environment to ensure the Farm Corporate Social Responsibilities are carried out and follow the needs of the immediate environment.
- Develop various Infrastructures and champion land acquisition for the growth and expansion of the farm.
- Business Development strategies, markets, and product innovation and various ways and methods to maximize profit for the farm while ensuring sustainability.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture, Animal Science, or any other related discipline.
- Master’s Degree will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience managing a large-scale business. Experience in agribusiness is a plus.
- Extensive experience in farm management or other agricultural practices.
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and critical thinking skills.
- Extensive knowledge of environmental biodiversity.
- Superb communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to make brilliant decisions and manage multiple teams.
- Ability to work with a global team
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online