Job ID 10994
Experience 8 Years
Gender Male or Famele
Bon Hotel Sunshine – We are an international standard four-star hotel is situated in the heart of Enugu Metropolis and in a secure, tranquil, and accessible location. Our property features 92 stylish rooms to our 24-hour restaurant & Room service. Our Lobby, Skyview, and Poolside lounges offer a host of sumptuous menu options.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: General Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
- The General manager is responsible for all aspects of operations at the hotel, to day-to-day staff management and guests. He / She should be an ambassador for the brand and your hotel.
- Provide leadership and strategic planning to all departments in support of our service culture, maximized operations and guest satisfaction.
- Work very closely with the hotel owners and other stake holders.
- Responsible for managing the Hotels management team (HOD’s) and overall hotel targets to deliver an excellent Guest experience.
- A General Manager would also be required to manage between profitability and guest satisfaction measures.
- Oversee the operations functions of the hotel, as per the Organizational chart.
- Hold regular briefings and meetings with all head of departments.
- Ensure full compliance to Hotel operating controls, SOP’s, policies, procedures and service standards.
- Lead all key property issues including capital projects, customer service and refurbishment.
- Handling complaints, and oversee the service recovery procedures.
- Responsible for the preparation, presentation and subsequent achievement of the hotel’s annual Operating Budget, Marketing & Sales Plan and Capital Budget.
- Manage on-going profitability of the hotel, ensuring revenue and guest satisfaction targets are met and exceeded.
- Ensure all decisions are made in the best interest of the hotels and management.
- Deliver hotel budget goals and set other short and long term strategic goals for the property.
- Developing improvement actions, carry out costs savings.
- A strong understanding of P&L statements and the ability to react with impactful strategies
- Closely monitor the hotels business reports on a daily basis and take decisions accordingly.
- Ensure that monthly financial outlooks for Rooms,Food & Beverage, Admin & General, on target and accurate.
- Maximizing room yield and hotels / resort revenue through innovative sales practices and yield management programs.
- Prepare a monthly financial reporting for the owners and stake holders.
- Draw up plans and budget (revenues, costs, etc.) for the owners.
- Helping in the procurement of operating supplies and equipment, and contracting with third-party vendors for essential equipments and services.
- Lead in all aspects of business planning.
- Respond to audits to ensure continual improvement is achieved.
- Corporate client handling and take part in new client acquisition along with the sales team whenever required.
- Assisting in residential sales as and when required and development with strong sales prospects.
- Responsible for safeguarding the quality of operations both (internal & external audits).
- Responsible for legalization, Occupational Health & Safety Act, fire regulations and other legal requirements.
- A University Degree in Hotel Management or a related field with Experience in opening, managing or re-positioning a hotel with clear track record. Excellent computer system skills.
- A minimum of 8 -10 years’ experience in the hospitality industry, with significant luxury and international experience, ideally including experience in remote locations. 5 to 10 years of experience as a General Manager or Asst. General Manager.
- The ideal candidate is a seasoned and highly intelligent hotel professional with outstanding, management skills and extensive hands-on experience. Available to work when needed, including weekends, holidays, and nights.
Application Closing Date
4th April, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: Jayelah45@gmail.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.