Job ID 33002
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Teach For All is a global network of over 40 independent, locally led and governed partner organizations and a global organization that works to accelerate the progress of the network. Each network partner recruits and develops promising future leaders to teach in their nations’ under-resourced schools and communities and, with this foundation, to work with others, inside and outside of education, to ensure all children are able to fulfill their potential. Teach For All’s global organization works to increase the network’s impact by capturing and spreading learning, facilitating connections among partners, accessing global resources, and fostering the leadership development of partner staff, teachers, and alumni.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Global Education Technology Lead
Location: Nigeria (Remote)
- To advance Teach For All’s 25-year vision and intended outcomes, we are launching an Education Technology Initiative to:
- Expand network teachers’ and students’ access to connectivity, hardware, software and other ed tech tools and equip teachers to effectively integrate the technology in their classrooms
- Facilitate and curate global learning about how best to build students’ digital skills and leverage technology to accelerate student learning
- Build connections between network teachers and alumni leaders in marginalized and diverse communities to the technology and ed tech industries to both accelerate the leadership of our teachers and alumni and to help shape an industry that increases educational equity
- We are seeking a Global Education Technology Lead who will support network partners to strengthen their approach to developing teachers and leaders who maximize technology as a teaching and learning tool and build the strategic ed tech partnerships to support network access, learning, and contribution in this space.
- Please note that this role is funding contingent.
About the Team
- This role will sit on the Global Partnerships & Resources Team which currently houses our global Educational Leadership, Education in Emergencies, Climate Change, Girls Education, Inclusive Education and Future of Work Initiatives, and supports the organization with programmatic partnerships and subgrants that support our broader work within these Initiatives and beyond.
- Determining and executing on the strategy for supporting network partners to strengthen their approach to developing leaders who maximize technology as a teaching and learning tool
- Continuously evaluating the needs of the network and our impact in order to enhance ed tech learning and growth across the network.
Building Strategic Relationships and Partnerships:
- Building connections between the tech industry and network teachers and alumni in marginalized and diverse communities to accelerate the leadership of network alumni in the industry. This will include working to:
- Forge summer internship opportunities in the ed tech sector for diverse, tech-savvy network teachers working in some of the world’s most under-resourced communities.
- Seek opportunities that would support network partners to recruit more teachers with backgrounds in engineering and computer science
- Leverage the expertise of alumni leaders of successful ed tech ventures – as advisors, mentors, and connectors.
- Supporting network partners to forge local partnerships aimed at increasing access to connectivity in underserved areas
- Pursuing global partnerships to help partners access what they need to ensure sustainable and affordable solutions to connect schools to the internet
- Alongside our network partners, developing partnerships—both locally and globally—that equip schools with tablets, projectors, and other essential devices, software, and tools
- Building an advisory committee to guide and support Teach For All’s work in ed tech.
Facilitating Strong Network Learning:
- Fostering learning communities among staff members, teachers, and alumni to test ideas, surface insights, and learn from each other.
- Building a set of resources—made available to educators within and beyond our network—to develop students’ digital skills, along with tools and guides for leveraging technology to advance their practices.
- Designing and delivering shared learning experiences that support strong teacher development in ed tech.
- Growing and developing the existing community of ed tech founders
- Serving as an internal and external point person for all things Ed Tech (e.g. identifying panelists for speaking engagements, supporting Public Affairs in various projects).
- Finding outlets to elevate the voices of our alumni and network partners related to Ed Tech
- Supporting Teach For All’s effort to generate resources for Ed Tech and creating materials to illustrate impact.
- Building an Advisory Committee to support and guide the Initiative (including external and internal expertise and stakeholders)
- Leading day-to-day execution of initiative, including: content creation (newsletters, core documents), facilitating community calls, planning & executing learning experiences
- Managing execution and KPI delivery on donor opportunities, alongside network partners
- Capturing impact data and stories of progress
The Ideal Candidate
- Significant experience in the Ed Tech sector with strong networks helpful in the development of global partnerships
- A deep understanding of global educational inequity, and passion about technology as an integral part of the solution to these challenges
- Understanding of challenges facing partners and contexts where more basic technology needs (power, connectivity, bandwidth) need to be addressed
- Extensive experience creating transformation while serving as a leader within the ed tech or education sectors
- Exceptional communications that can clearly communicate to an international audience as well as effectively convey stories that can compel others to act
- Ability to build strong relationships with multiple stakeholders from a range of cultures and understand their goals and motivations in order to support collaboration
- Experience building mutually beneficial partnerships that enable impact
- Ability to thrive in a high-energy and entrepreneurial organization as part of a collaborative and committed team
- Ability to work collaboratively and flexibly with colleagues globally, including a high volume of virtual engagement (i.e., conference calls, social media, virtual collaboration tools) and regular calls during non-traditional working hours
- Exceptional strategic thinking and reasoning skills — an orientation toward creativity and innovation, while also valuing cultural responsiveness and institutional knowledge
- Exceptional project management skills
- Ability to be generative and independently drive towards outcomes, demonstrating flexibility and shifting priorities as needed based on how the work evolves
- Ability to work independently and proactively manage multiple projects and responsibilities across both internal and external teams of colleagues’
- Must have sensitivity toward racial, cultural, and ideological diversity
- Ability to work in English required, fluency in a second language is preferred, but not required
- Exemplifies Teach For All’s core values and a commitment to Teach For All’s mission:
- Reflects a sense of possibility in mindset and vision
- Believes in the value of being locally rooted and globally informed
- Drives toward constant learning and improvement
- Convinced of the necessity of diversity and inclusiveness in our work
- Believes in the interdependence between us and our partners in solving this global problem.
- Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on country of hire, prior work experience and includes a comprehensive benefits package.
What Teach For All Offers:
- Commitment to cultivating a culture in which all staff members feel they belong, are valued for their contributions, and have an impact on our organization’s progress
- Professional and personal development experiences and ample opportunities to make a positive impact on the work of Teach For All and beyond
- Comprehensive benefits package designed for your well-being and work-life needs
- All roles are 100% remote; in some locations we offer the option for in-office collaborations
- Generous time off and flexible work arrangements
- And much more!
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online