Job ID 22892
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Citibank Nigeria Limited (CNL) was incorporated in Nigeria on May 2, 1984 and the oldest international bank in the country. It provides a wide range of financial products and services to corporate and commercial customers, financial institutions and public sector organizations. It offers deposit and loan products, global transaction services, cash management, sales and trading, corporate finance and investment banking products.
The company was formerly known as Nigeria International Bank Ltd and changed its name to Citibank Nigeria in 2008. Today it employs about 300 people and operates 12 branches in Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Warri, Kano, Bonny, Aba, Lanlate and Ososa. As at December 31, 2016, it had over NGN 600 billion in total assets. Citibank Nigeria is owned by Citibank Overseas Investment Corporation, a subsidiary of Citibank N.A. (USA).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Global Subsidiaries Group Head
Job Req ID: 23620261
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full time
Job Family Group: Institutional Banking
Job Family: Corporate Banking
- The Global Subsidiaries Group (GSG) is at the helm of Citi’s strategic partnerships with its multinational clients operating in Nigeria across diverse Industry segments, harnessing the power of Citi’s unparalleled global network.
- The team positions Citi as the clients’ trusted advisor in the complex country landscape, leveraging a sound understanding of the clients’ objectives, global expertise and extensive local knowledge, to deploy client led solutions, in strong collaboration with the product and operations teams.
Job Background / Purpose
- The Global Subsidiaries Group serves a select number of the world’s leading multinational companies
- The GSG Head is responsible for the strategic direction of the business, encompassing people management, strategic client management, liaison with other areas of the bank to ensure superior customer service and solution development and implementation, and ensuring adherence to all legal, regulatory, compliance, risk and other policy standards.
- Lead and manage the GSG Nigeria team of x16 SAMs and RAs
- Formulating and executing coverage strategy/business plan for names managed in the unit including account planning, calling strategy, and customer segmentation.
- Awareness of competitive landscape and formulating strategic responses to environmental conditions.
- Achieving trusted advisor status through developing close working relationships with customers.
- Raise Citi’s profile with key customer seniors by interpreting macro-economic developments and industry trends.
- Raise GSG’s profile within Citi by building PAM relationships, key cross-functional and cross-geographic networks.
- Strong product knowledge and analytical ability.
- Credit senior in team with in-depth knowledge of credit policies and responsible for Credit decisions /approving credits for customer base. Fully accountable for credit spectrum which includes documentation, Target Market identification, due diligence and early problem recognition
- Increase share of wallet for the portfolio
- Review new business opportunities from a TM and risk/reward perspective
- Customer pricing models, Risk, capacity planning
- Ensure customer adherence to compliance and KYC policies
- Manage customer profitability (Revenue, Expense, COC, EBIT, and NI) and RORC in partnership with Product, Risk and O & T to deliver optimal value to the customer
- Understand and effectively manage Citi’s global capacities and complexities, regulatory environment & ensure compliance.
- Opportunity to work in a large and complex organization with a demanding customer base, in a challenging and dynamic business environment
- Exposure to an open and multicultural working environment
- Effective leadership
- Multi-functional job scope – interaction across all areas of the bank
- Customer focus
- Ability to utilize information effectively
- Continuous learning and coaching a team to effectively leverage our Global network.
- Creating partnerships
- Global effectiveness
- Ability to influence the speed to market on client solutions
- Adapting to the high performing culture of Citi.
Future Career Prospects:
- GSG Head in a large country / Cluster
- Corporate Bank Head
- Lateral move to Country/General Management.
- A B.Sc / BA Degree.
- A Postgraduate Degree and relevant professional qualifications will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 15 years post-graduation experience out of which 10 years must have been in the banking industry and at least 3 years must have been on the Vice President (Deputy General Manager) or its equivalent grade
- Experience in at least three major areas of banking
- Credit Officer with minimum of $5mm credit approval limit
- In-depth understanding of compliance issues, global and local regulatory requirements
- Experience in working with and within a matrix organization and cross-functional teams
- Customer management and negotiation skills
- Ability to recognize and exploit business opportunities
- Strong Analytical skills
- Must be pro-active, with attention to detail and timeliness in delivery of work output
- Information resourcefulness
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- In-depth understanding of banking products – loans / debts (short and long-term), cash management, trade products and finance, FX, interest rate hedging, liquidity management
- In-depth industry knowledge
- Proven existing customer relationships
- Proven track record of senior relationships and engagements.
- Strategic thinker and ability to re-align timeously in line with market dictates
- Strong Leadership and people management skills essential
- Strong Sales / Customer and Business Development skills
- Strong communication skills – verbal and written
- High standards
- Relationship building
- Strong influencing & negotiating skills
- Planning skills
- Process and Controls
- Leading effectively in a matrix environment
- Deal Origination and Execution Skills.
- Understanding the impact of constant regulatory changes on customers’ businesses and converting them to business opportunities
- Ability to optimally coordinate the activities of the different units within the bank in order to deliver good quality service to the customer
- Designing strategies and products to enable Citibank stay ahead of competition
- Ability to convince customers to adhere to high compliance/ethical standards of Citibank
- Problem loan recognition capability
- Proven ability to leverage the Citi global network & handle complex, challenging environment
- Proven ability to originate and close complex deals/ solutions
- Proven ability to act as a financial advisor
- Ability to coordinate and manage customer credit & marketing activity
- Ability to manage risks in a portfolio
- Driven and results oriented
- Sound Business judgment
- Integrity, Respectful and Balanced
- High tolerance for ambiguity
- Presence, Perseverance and adaptability.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online