Job ID 31047
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Procter and Gamble is one of the largest FMCG (Fast Moving Consumer Goods) company in the world with strong brands like Pampers, Ariel, Always, Gillette and Oral B just to name a few. We have been in existence for over 179 years globally and 24 years in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Government Relations Manager, Nigeria / WESA
Job Number: R000088138
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Schedule: Full time
Category: Legal and Patent
Job Type Full time – Experienced Professionals
Job Segmentation: Experienced Professionals (Job Segmentation)
- Manages external political risks and identifies opportunities that create a competitive operating environment for our brands to succeed.
- Effectively influences and leverages public policy and identifies priorities that are determined together with business leaders.
- Favorably influence legislation and policies to protect and improve the business, profitability and image of P&G and its brands in Nigeria and other sub-Saharan Africa countries through the design, guidance and implementation of PVP-based government relations strategies and external influencer networks.
- Those strategies span from gaining/facilitating P&G access to African markets, to advising the business on smart compliance with existing legislation, to improving P&G competitiveness, profitability and cost of doing business in Nigeria and Sub Sahara Africa expansion markets.
- This individual will cover leadership of GR disciplines for Nigeria and other SSA markets.
- Reports to the Senior Director GGRPP with matrix accountabilities across the SMO & BUs
- Candidates should possess relevant qualifications with 5-10 years post NYSC
- Language: Proficiency in English is required
- Assignment Duration: Full time employee
- Multi-disciplinary background, preferably including training/experience in public policy, economic and political sciences and communication.
- Solid understanding/work experience in project management and legislation/policy.
- Strong strategic thinking skills, strong leadership skills, maturity, inscrutable integrity
- Ability to operate under conditions of stress and to handle multiple priorities, good collaboration skill
- Strong verbal and written communication in English (French and/or Portuguese are a clear additional asset)
- Proven record of working on highly complex and sensitive issues
- Ability to operate autonomously and be a self-starter, highly organized and disciplined, solution-oriented, creative individual.
- Flexibility to work late hours and weekends occasionally
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online