Job ID 7057
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Pulse is Africa’s leading innovative media company, informing and engaging Africa’s young audience and producing content and creative digital marketing solutions for top brands. We run news platforms and social channels and marketing and production in four countries – Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya and Senegal.
We are the platform leading in reach – with over 100 million users and over 100 million video views on our own channels per month. We’re also a marketing partner, empowering brands with our expansive media reach and 360 degree in-house marketing solutions. Additionally, Pulse is the licensee publisher of the regional Business Insider Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Graphic Design Intern
- Pulse is looking for a Graphic Design Intern who has a creative mindset and a good understanding of typographies, colour theories and compositions.
- You will support the Content team to translate client requirements into stunning visuals and also bring your creativity and fresh ideas to our online marketing efforts.
- The Graphic Design Intern is a position we’re hiring for in our Lagos office.
- The role will report to the Senior Graphic Designer and the Editor-in-Chief.
Duties & Responsibilities
- You will be responsible for creating design solutions with high visual impact that will appeal to our audience across the various Pulse platforms/channels.
- You will be required to work to a brief, develop creative ideas and concepts, and choose the appropriate media and style to meet set objectives.
- Responsibility for securing appropriate rights, licenses, and clearances for image usage to avoid copyright infringement.
- Support in developing design briefs by gathering information and data through research.
- Demonstrate illustrative skills with rough sketches.
- Proofreading and cross-checking facts, spelling, grammar, writing style, design pages, photos, images, etc., to produce accurate and high-quality work.
- You will keep abreast of emerging technologies in new media, particularly design programs such as Corel Draw, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, 3ds Max, After Effects, and other programs from the Adobe Creative Suite.
- You will work as part of a team of designers, social media managers, editorial, video, and sales colleagues.
Desired Skills & Experience
- A good background in using Adobe Creative Suite and design softwares.
- Solid understanding of design principles and practices.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online