Job ID 27960
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HACT State Consultant
Job no: 563043
Locations: Bayelsa, Gombe, Kastina, Kebbi, Niger, Taraba, Jigawa and Zamfara
Contract type: Consultant
Categories: Research, Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation
Purpose of Activity/Assignment
- In 2022, UNICEF Nigeria and Gavi launched the PHC MOU – Memorandum of Understanding on the collaboration for strengthening the Immunization and Primary Health Care systems in eight states in Nigeria to support the Implementation of the Nigeria Government Health Systems Strengthening (HSS) programme jointly with the Federal Government of Nigeria.
- As part of the programme, HACT team is leading on the financial management capacity strengthening and transfer in the eight focused PHCDAs spread across Bayelsa, Katsina, Jigawa, Kebbi, Zamfara, Niger, Gombe and Taraba states.
- To bolster the HACT team, and to provide a first-line support to the partners as well as financial management capacity strengthening for the State Primary Health Care Development Agency (PHCDA), a team of eight consultants for above mentioned states (one/state) for Nigeria Country office (NCO) is to be recruited.
- Conduct state-specific needs analysis for capacity building and transfer initiative.
- Conduct review of financial records on sample basis at least once a quarter and expenditure supporting documentation prior to liquidation to UNICEF and Ensure that financial reporting timelines are observed by partners.
- Conduct trainings and capacity building initiatives for the Accountants of the PHCDA at the State and LGA and Ward levels on HACT SOP, Financial Management and other related aspects including training on the Accounting Software deployed.
- Provide training to SPHCDA on record keeping facilitating quarterly spot checks by the roving consultants.
- Technical review and recommendations to PHCDA teams in conducting a pre-audit of the financial statements prior to planned audit by third-party audit firm.
- Facilitate, review and support the development of annual budget and work plan for State PHCDA.
- Lead installation and roll out of accounting software in collaboration with roving consultants
- Produce state-specific lessons learned report with actionable recommendations
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have:
- A Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration and/or a professional accounting qualification e.g CPA, ICAN and ACCA.
- At least one year of Financial Management experience in a reputable organisation.
- A bachelor’s Degree with an additional 2 year work experience may be accepted in lieu of a master’s degree.
- In-depth knowledge of internal auditing and accounting systems.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with training and facilitation of group learning processes.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite.
Application Closing Date
27th June, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Other jobs you may like
HR Admin / Logistics Assistant at Concern for Women and Children Development Foundation (COWACDI) Featured
- @ ListingAPI-2
- Yobe, Concern for Women and Children Development Foundation (COWACDI)