Job ID 33344
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Citibank Nigeria Limited (CNL) was incorporated in Nigeria on May 2, 1984 and the oldest international bank in the country. It provides a wide range of financial products and services to corporate and commercial customers, financial institutions and public sector organizations. It offers deposit and loan products, global transaction services, cash management, sales and trading, corporate finance and investment banking products.
The company was formerly known as Nigeria International Bank Ltd and changed its name to Citibank Nigeria in 2008. Today it employs about 300 people and operates 12 branches in Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Warri, Kano, Bonny, Aba, Lanlate and Ososa. As at December 31, 2016, it had over NGN 600 billion in total assets. Citibank Nigeria is owned by Citibank Overseas Investment Corporation, a subsidiary of Citibank N.A. (USA).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Local Regulatory Reporting
Job Req ID: 23701019
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full time – Onsite / Resident
Job Category: Finance
Job Family Group: Finance
Job Family: Financial Accounting
- Citibank Nigeria reports Basel/IFRS compliant reports to the Central Bank of Nigeria and other financial services regulatory authorities.
- The role of Regulatory Reporting is a critical function placed within Nigeria’s Finance department and reports directly to the Country Finance Officer (CFO) on all aspects of activities outlined below:
- The purpose of the role is to ensure: Regulatory returns submitted to key regulators of Citi Nigeria are accurate, timely and of high quality; analytical insights on these returns are available to management for the purpose of decision making; that strong controls are applied and implemented during the process, and opportunities for process improvements are identified and implemented along the way.
- Support the analysis and submission of reports to various regulatory authorities based on applicable requirements such as IFRS, BASEL, ICAAP, Pillar 3 Disclosure and local regulatory reporting rules.
- Overseeing and monitoring the production process of regulatory returns.
- Accurate review, analysis and filing of regulatory returns to the regulators and management.
- Overseeing and monitoring the production process of regulatory ratios.
- Have a sound understanding of the financial statements and the accounting standards and their impact on various reporting aspects within Finance;
- Provide analysis and responses to all issues relating to CBN and NDIC queries on an on-going basis;
- Review, interpret and implement CBN and NDIC regulations as required by the local regulator;
- Application of strong internal controls, with a focus on continually strengthening the control environment.
- Identifying areas where process improvements can be made to achieve efficiencies and a strong control environment;
- Support the improvement of data quality as it pertains to financial and regulatory reporting.
- On an annual basis, support the external regulatory audit.
- Support the CFO and Controller with ad-hoc requests.
- Support application and implementation of IFRS standards.
- Adhere to the policies and procedures relating to regulatory reporting.
- Provide support (preparation of committee packs, analysis of information for business purposes) for various management committee meetings and external meetings (Regulator on-site visits), including ability to assist with chairing meetings where required.
- Working closely with Business partners and other functions in relation to regulatory reporting as appropriate.
- Produce metrics to senior management highlighting key regulatory issues and remediation status and maintain and enhance related operational and analytical procedures.
- Responsible for coordinating cluster and regional regulatory control deliverables (LRR)
- Assist in the development of process efficiencies and improvement efforts as well as data quality improvement projects.
- Interpret policies, guidelines, and processes and resolve complex problems and transactions.
- Has the ability to operate with a limited level of direct supervision.
- Can exercise independence of judgement and autonomy.
- Acts as SME to senior stakeholders and /or other team members.
- Appropriately assess regulatory risk when business decisions are made
- B.Sc in Accounting / Finance or related qualification
- Chartered accountant or equivalent.
- 15 years post graduation experience out of which at least 10 years must have been in the banking industry
- Experience in at least three major areas of banking
- Strong Experience in Bank’s Regulatory and Financial Reporting Environment.
- Strong experience in local prudential and Basel regulations.
- Working knowledge of related industry practices and standards
- Ability to work with multiple functions.
- Proven problem-solving skills.
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with an emphasis on MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Good in relationship Management.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online