Job ID 29841
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Glovo – We’re a Barcelona-based startup and the fastest-growing delivery player in Europe, Hispanic America and Africa. With food at the core of the business, Glovo delivers any product within your city at any time of day. Our vision and ambition are not only to make everything immediately available in your city but it is also to offer our employees the job of their lives. A job where you’ll be challenged and have the most fun working in through tech-enabled experiences.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Strategy & Finance – Nigeria
Employment Type: Full Time
Your work-life opportunity
- We are one of the fastest growing startups in Europe and the way we want to grow is making every city profitable!
- To reach this goal, we need a 360, analytical and results driven person to take ownership of our Finance & Strategy function in Nigeria. At Glovo, we work hard and we love what we do.
- If you are a problem-solver person with a 100% hands-on attitude, looking for an energizing work environment with big ideas we’d love to have you on our team!
Be a part of a team where you will
- Be the General Manager’s right-hand in any strategic and finance decision
- Define jointly with the General Manager the long term goals of the country
- Set and review quarterly country and department targets based on long term goals
- Implement current corporate strategy throughout the annual planning cycle both at country and city level
- Work with cross-functional teams (operations, marketing, finance, procurement and commercial) to ensure a profitable and flawless execution, and to develop profitability analysis for new ideas/businesses
- Study the viability – reports of investments/projects, strategic reorientation, etc
- Lead cross functional projects to improve profitability
- Analyze business performance and measure KPIs, identifying issues and potential improvement opportunities
- Prepare and present monthly, quarterly and annual finance and accounting reports and analysis (P&L and BS).
- Work closely with Global Finance Teams (Billing, Treasury, Accounting etc) to solve any day-to-day issues and ensure a 100% satisfaction of Nigeria’s customers, partners and couriers in any topic related to finance
- Manage treasury function and ensure optimal cash flow
- Coordinate the preparation of Financial Statements
- Lead the relationship with third parties: external auditors, administrations, external consultants,
- Analyze of procedures and external audit – Contributing to the continuous improvement of the processes promoting solutions to possible problems detected and reduce manual tasks
- Optimize the fiscal policy of the company: VAT tax knowledge, IIBB Multilateral Agreement
- Have a full team of 5+ HC reporting into you
- Report into the General Manager with a dotted line to the Africa Head of Finance & Strategy
- Actively collaborate with your colleagues and learn from each other in a supportive environment that allows you to grow, develop and make a difference.
- 6 – 10+ years of work experience in consulting, investment banking, corporate finance within a leading company providing teams with the necessary data to make the right decisions & leading major projects
- Strong working knowledge in manipulating and presenting quantitative data (Excel, Google Spreadsheets etc.), ability to build flexible and comprehensive reporting templates
- Advanced English
- Strong analytical skills, goal-oriented, and teamwork
- Hands-on and autonomous
- Advanced accounting and finance knowledge
- Ability to influence stakeholders in order to help achieve your goals
- An empathetic, inclusive and curious attitude.
What you’ll find when working at Glovo:
- Gas: Driven to deliver quality results quickly
- Good Vibes: Bring positivity and communicate openly
- Stay Humble: Self-aware and open to learning
- Care: Uplift people and the planet
- Glownership: Act as proud owners
- High Bar: Focus on Top Performance.
Experience our Glovo Life benefits
- Enticing equity plan
- Top-notch private health insurance
- Monthly Glovo credit to spend on our restaurant products and zero delivery fee on all Glovo orders!
- Flexible time off (take the time you need) and hybrid working model (own your time)
- Enhanced parental leave including nursery support!
- Online therapy and wellbeing benefit.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: We are always looking for the best candidates, so if you think you would be a good fit even if you don’t meet 100% of the requirements we would love to hear from you!