Job ID 6925
Experience 8 Years
Gender Male or Famele
Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC) – Buoyed by a mission to redefine customer experience and be the provider of choice wherever energy is consumed, the Ikeja Electric (IE), Nigeria’s largest power distribution network, came into existence on November 1st, 2013 following the handover of the defunct Power Holding Company Of Nigeria (PHCN) to NEDC/ KEPCO Consortium under the privatization scheme of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Procurement
Job Type: Full time
Reporting To: Head Supply Chain Management
- Run the entire procurement operations of the Company in accordance with the terms and spirit of the Company Policy, Procedures and Processes that are stipulated to govern it.
- Coordinates the annual budget rounds of the respective departments in the Company, as it relates to planned procurements for the departments – based on approved needs, usage pattern of standard inventory items for the department and the approved capital projects or purchases for the Company as well as maintenance planning.
- Coordinates the periodic strategic plans of the Company, as it relates to approved capital and project plans.
- Receives the requisite mandate (or Authority to Purchase) (i.e. Sanction) that is approved by relevant level of the Company’s Board and management and from the Department in need of the goods or services to be procured. This document is needed to trigger the commencement of the Company’s procurement process by the section.
- Manages the actual procurement processes for the Company’s needs all year round and in active real-time liaison with respective user departments to ensure conformance with above-stated Company policy objectives. It ensures respective Approving Authorities (i.e. Committees or Boards) as well as support Technical Review Committees are duly constituted, meet as regularly as are required to achieve their set objectives and that the Authorities, Committees and Boards operate within their respective terms of reference and approval limits.
- Obtains approvals (or authority to Purchase) from the relevant Authorities, Committees or Boards upon the conclusion of the procurement process and selection of the successful supplier, vendor or contractor.
- Leads or participates in negotiations with the selected supplier to ensure that the terms and conditions germane to the subsequent legal contract between the Company and the Supplier are understood and agreed by all parties (viz: the Finance & user department of the Company on the one hand and the supplier on the other hand).
- Order materials into the Store raised by the Inventory/Stores Department of the SCMS. The material ordering process is tailored to avoid stock-outs. It takes into cognizance the actual usage pattern from the store and the approved budget for the stock items and based on duly approved authority to purchase processes, send quarterly reconciliation on purchases made usage and cost benefit analysis if relevant.
- Raises legally binding Work Orders or supply Orders from the Company to the supplier.
- Effectively manage the Procurement cycle; request, execution of entire contracts, inspection and quality control of materials & projects/service.
- Provide leadership and ensure efficient and effective management of staff and resources in the department
- Takes responsibility for compliance with all Quality Management System /Occupational Health & Safety related activities in the department as documented in the departmental operations manual, risk assessment register and other relevant documents.
- A relevant Degree and/or MBA (or recognized equivalent) or equivalent experience of 8 years.
- Membership of a recognized Chartered organization relevant to the post
- Cognate Industry experience
- Project Management (e.g. Prince2) qualification will be an added advantage.
- Procurement Management
- Inventory Management
- Vendor Selection & Management
- Project Management
- Communication and Interpersonal Relations
- Supervisory/Managerial Skills
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Managing Resources
- Business Focus.
Application Closing Date
18th August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online