Job ID 32850
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
We are an indigenous non-profit and non-governmental organization with Head Office in Abuja and field offices in several locations across Nigeria. We are in the business of saving lives, making life more meaningful and productive for all Nigerians and especially for people living with; and affected by HIV. It is an organization built on strong core values, we believe strongly in commitment, innovation, inspiring leadership, and partnerships.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health Systems Strengthening (HSS) and Sustainability Manager
Job Code: HSS HSS06
Reports to: Director, Health Systems and State Coordination
Grant Duration:Subject to availability of funds and exceptional grant performance
Do You Have What it Takes to Join Us?
- We are in search of innovative, creative, and self-motivated talents with outstanding skills and proven track records in the advertised position.
- A reliable individual who is committed, audacious, accountable, and passionate (females and HIV community members are strongly encouraged to apply) with strong core values to work with our highly experienced team at our Head and state offices in the following capacities:
- A reliable executor who is flexible and can hit the ground running in aiding the organization achieve its goals as it aligns with saving lives, making life more meaningful and productive for all Nigerians and especially for the most vulnerable. If this typifies you, kindly read on.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate quarterly strategic review meetings of stakeholders across the 4 CIHP supported states
- Provide technical assistance to supported states in the implementation of State Managed HIV response to deepen local ownership and sustainability of the HIV response
- Strengthen the integration of HIV services into broader health interventions within the health system to enhance program ownership and sustainability
- Provide strategic policy and technical inputs to the Ministry of Health in the development and implementation of the State Strategic and operational Health Plans
- Provide technical support to the State Health Insurance Agencies to enhance enrolment and coverage of PLHIV in appropriate and affordable service packages
- Support the SMOH in the efficient deployment, distribution, training and retraining of human resource for health across supported health facilities
- Coordinate technical, operational and logistical support for implementation of the national clinical mentorship program across the 4 CIHP supported states
- Develop and implement plans for mentoring and supportive supervision of health facilities implementing comprehensive HIV prevention, treatment and care programs
- Coordinate the implementation of QI and QA activities across supported health facilities
- Manage quality improvement collaboratives among sites to improve care for people with HIV, including coordinating peer learning sessions and site coaching
- Develop and update materials for trainings, learning sessions and coaching visits
- Coordinate assessments, site strengthening, follow-up and supervision, including developing supportive supervision guidelines
- Perform any other task assigned by supervisor
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Medicine, Public Health, Health Services Management or related field, Master degree preferred
- At least seven years of experience in managing and/or implementing comprehensive HIV prevention, care, and treatment and/or HSS programming
- Experience working in Global Fund or PEPFAR funded comprehensive HIV programs
- Demonstrated in-depth understanding of the Nigerian healthcare system, particularly the public health system.
- Ability to interact effectively and collaboratively with a broad range of senior and mid-level public and private sector counterparts, donors, and other key stakeholders.
- Expertise in supervising technical staff in the implementation of integrated health programming.
- Excellent interpersonal, writing, and English language oral presentation skills.
- Sound knowledge of quality improvement approaches in health care settings
- Experience implementing quality improvement interventions at the health facility level
Application Closing Date
2nd October, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Submit their current CV and Suitability Statement (not more than 200 words indicating position and location) in Microsoft Word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the JOB TITLE, LOCATION AND APPLICANT FULL NAME as the subject of the email e.g. Health Systems Strengthening (HSS) and Sustainability Manager – HSS 0006 – Abuja – ADESUWA NWACHUKWU.
- It is important to apply via the link and the mail, as applications sent to ONLY the email address will
be considered invalid.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to advance to the next stage of the selection process
- Qualified women, Locals and residents of these locations are encouraged to apply.
- Applications are reviewed in the order of arrival, and we reserve the right to close the offer before the term initially indicated if suitable applications are received.