Job ID 25165
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
mDoc is digital health start up that leverages behavioral science, data, technology and quality improvement methodologies to improve access to quality healthcare for people with chronic health needs in sub-Saharan Africa. We are seeking an all-star product suite lead to join our team. Our ethos is etched in the belief that augmenting the healthcare & technology landscape is paramount to helping Africa unlock its true potential. We are on a mission to transform how African healthcare consumers receive the support they need to live longer, healthier, happier and more productive lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HR Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Budget and Finance:
- Work with product/project teams on budgeting for hubs, offices, digital services and activities including the coordination of finances with staff, consultants, and vendors.
- Oversee the negotiation of billing rates and budgets.
- Oversee administrative responsibilities pertinent to scheduling and daily employee needs
- Serve as interim mDoc’s compliance officer, ensuring both financial and operational plans follow best practice.
- Develop content for invoices for key activities, projects, community outreach and onboarding and vendors as well as invoice and payment schedule.
- Work with accountant to support the processing of staff and consultant expenses in line with the office policies and ensure compliance.
People and General Operations:
- Analyze data or trends for the purposes of planning, forecasting, advising, budgeting, reporting, or business opportunities
- Lead, manage, and execute organization design efforts and help to create and execute a talent management strategy across business lines and help to lead change management projects
- Ensure the organizational structure for the business is deployed efficiently and effectively to optimize the startup organization
- Oversee execution of office and hub renovation
- Identify the critical roles and develop meaningful and diverse succession plans
- Identify opportunities to architect effective and dynamic organizational designs and development interventions, promoting efficiency and team engagement.
- Develop recommendations for organizational design and effectiveness to support scale
- Work with supervisor and leadership to set up the office and hubs and ensure a standard operating procedure of high quality and person-centred focus
- Proactively support and help to drive the startup operational structures required so that mDoc is functioning optimally from a regulatory and financial perspective.
- Actively analyze business analytics to advise organizational priorities and decision-making pertaining to staffing, business development, and revenue growth
- Oversee development of strategic expansion of core operational functions including service provider selection e.g. office/hub wifi, cleaning and negotiation
- Leverage inhouse tools to facilitate KPI and performance management process amongst team
- Oversee the process staff and consultant expenses in line with the office policies
- Facilitate weekly staff meetings (and work with operations associate) on other meetings as needed for hub and digital. Leverage Jira for meeting notes, owner assignment and timelines.
- Oversee refinement and implementation of HR policies, procedures, and guidelines. These will include topics such as health and safety, data protection, and security, onboarding, and Help to research and develop these where nonexistent
- Work to ensure that that the program staff and consultants adhere to these policies, procedures and guidelines and surface any challenges or barriers
- Help to develop recognition and rewards for staff
- Oversee new hire on-boarding
- Support the cultivation of the culture of lean and continuous improvement within the team, engaging them to be an active part of the company’s evolution
- General activities as required by the management team
- Work with Clinical Operations Manager to refine and evolve hub and digital protocol for CompleteHealth™ and associated SOPs
- Work with supervisor to ensure that all staff are updated and trained on the protocols and SOPs and meeting assessments
- Work with Clinical team to ensure clinical, behavioral, digital, quality training and mentoring programs are optimally developed and delivered.
- Track progress and ongoing fidelity monitoring of the implementation and rollout of new processes and workflows with the care team
- Build, edit, document, and codify workflows for our internal knowledge management platform
- Actively develop, implement, monitor and evaluate community-based screening and hub workshop activities in partnership with staff.
- Additional job functions and general activities as required by the management team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Operations, HR, Management, Business, etc required
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Over 7 years of experience in an HR or operations role
- Experience with technology tools for HR, Operations or Project Management
- A problem-solving way of thinking. We are looking for you to come with an ability to solve problems.
- Experience and understanding of health and healthcare
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role for a minimum of five years
- Exceptional communication, presentation and organizational skills.
- Experience in using technology platforms for project planning.
- Comfort in working with a global team and in a startup environment.
- A recognition that mDoc is an early-stage startup so we work around the clock and are looking for you to work quickly and efficiently.
- A willingness to work super hard and problem-solve as a collective.
Application Closing Date
12th May, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume / Curriculum Vita and a 1-2 paragraph response in their email indicating why this job is compelling to them to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.