Job ID 10912
Experience 2 Years
Gender Male or Famele
Breakthrough ACTION ignites collective action and encourages people to adopt healthier behavior – from using modern contraceptive methods and sleeping under bed nets to being tested for HIV and preventing the spread of zoonotic diseases – by forging, testing, and scaling up new and hybrid approaches to social and behavior change.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources Assistant
- The HR Assistant will support the Nigeria HR Team to carry out all Human Resources tasks in line with USAID and Johns Hopkins University rules and regulations.
- This position will work closely with all technical, finance and admin teams as well as serve as a liaison between the Abuja office and state teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
In addition to the position summary described above, specific duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Liaise with relevant staff (supervisors, unit heads etc.) to coordinate and prepare for new hire orientation
- Ensure new staff complete all relevant documents for the Personnel File
- Work with Finance and Admin with regard to key personnel actions – new hire addition to payroll, notification for exiting staff, new staff work tools and communication/internet allowances, staff promotions/change in status etc.
- Liaise with new hire supervisors, admin and IT in ensuring workspace and work tools are made ready for new hire (s)
- Manage leave administration and monthly time sheet processes and tracking
- Coordinate administrative/logistics aspects of the recruitment process
- In the absence of the HR Officer, represent the HR Team in relevant meetings
- Work with relevant HR team member to ensure appropriate HR databases/ERP are updated promptly
- Post vacancy announcements on internal and external platforms;
- Assist the SHRO in collation of staff annual performance appraisal documents and drafting of new letters for appraised staff.
- Liaise with the BA-N contracted security firm to carry out background checks on all prospective new hires/successful candidates.
- Assist in all aspects of BA-N Local Independent Consultants’ management process including drafting of Independent Consultancy contracts and processing of independent consultants’ invoices;
- Send out routine HR communication to all staff e.g., public holidays, HR process reminders etc.
- Other duties as identified by supervisor.
- This position does not have direct supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications, Experience & Desired Characteristics
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in the Arts or Social Sciences) is required
- 2 – 4 years HR experience is required for this position.
- A professional certificate (local or international) in HR is an added advantage;
- Membership of a relevant human resources certification body such as CIPMN is highly desirable
- USAID/donor funded project (s) in Nigeria is a plus.
- Experience managing end-to-end HR procedures/processes independently is required for the position
- Hands on experience working with key Ms. Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.) is compulsory.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively regarding sensitive and confidential matters
- Experience using video conferencing tools to set up meeting/interviews is compulsory
- Ability to work independently and remotely is mandatory for this role
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Must be fluent in English
Application Closing Date
22nd March, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward copies of their CV in PDF to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the job title and the location as the subject of the mail. e.g., ‘Human Resources Assistant, Abuja’.
Other jobs you may like
- @ ListingAPI-2
- Kaduna North, Kaduna, Centre for Community Development and Research Network (CCDRN)