Job ID 34890
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Solidarités International (SI) is an international humanitarian NGO which, for more than 40 years, has been providing assistance to populations affected by armed conflicts and natural disasters by meeting their vital needs for food, water and shelter. Particularly involved in the fight against diseases linked to unsafe water, the first cause of death in the world, SI’s interventions provide expertise in the field of access to drinking water, sanitation and hygiene promotion, but also in the essential area of food security and livelihoods. Present in around twenty countries, SI’s teams – 2000 people in total made up of expatriates, national staff, permanent staff at headquarters, and a few volunteers – work with professionalism and commitment while respecting cultures. SI is present in North-East Nigeria since 2016 and is currently operating in 5 bases across Borno State (Maiduguri, Monguno, Ngala, Dikwa and Gwoza) with outreach capacities across all BAY States through its emergency component. Currently, SI carries out emergency / post – emergency programs in WASH/FSL sector in North-West Nigeria where limited actors are currently present.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources Coordinator
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full-time
Contract Duration: Projected contract duration is 6 months.
Goal / Purpose
- The HR coordinator coordinates the implementation of Solidarités International Human Resources policy.
- As HR Coordinator he/she is responsible for the administrative aspects of the mission and ensures the respect by all of, Solidarités International procedures, the procedures of financial backers and the laws of the country in which SI is intervening.
- He/she is the mission point of contact and the link between headquarters and the mission for any questions relating to Human Resources.
List of Main Tasks
Analysis of the socio-economic context:
- Identify administrative partners relevant to HR
- Track the change in the cost of living and the work market
- Study the social, cultural and ethnic organization and the values and customs of the country in which Solidarités International is intervening.
- Study demographic elements, socio-professional make-up and HDI of the intervention country
HR management of expatriates and nationals:
- Ensure that HR procedures and staff behavior are compatible with local culture, paying particular attention to gender issues
- Take part in the welcome and administrative briefing for expatriate personnel
- Ensure that recruitment and hiring procedures are respected: validate the mission’s recruitment needs, post profiles and contracts
- Supervise the archiving, handling and security of Solidarités International personnel files
- Inform the different members of the coordination teams about the methodology for performance reviews as well as their objectives and purpose, and ensure that they are implemented
- Drive the implementation and improvement of Solidarités International training policy and monitor staff development
- Ensure that disciplinary procedures are respected and confirm eventual sanctions
- Confirm salaries before payment
- Ensure that statements and payments are made to the organizations concerned
- In partnership with headquarters and the head of mission take part in defining Solidarités International salary and social policies and implement these policies. Evaluate risks linked to changes in compensation and social policies
- Promote the establishment of legal bodies of representation and consultation of personnel on the bases and support the management and settlement of conflicts
- Conduct meetings and communication with personnel
- Consolidate and update the mission organization chart
- Update internal policies and procedures and the HR manual in accordance with developments within the legal framework or the understanding of that framework
- Take part in abuse and risk prevention
- Ensure the administrative monitoring of disputes and represent Solidarités International before administrative authorities and, if necessary, legal authorities
- Oversee the administrative management of expatriate human resources
- In partnership with the administrators define the needs for HR administrative personnel on the mission and recruit in accordance with the allocated resources and Solidarités International operational strategy
- Train and assess the HR administrative team
- Coordinate, schedule and supervise the activity of the HR administrative team
- Lead meetings of the HR administrative team
- Ensure HR administrative reporting to headquarters in accordance with the time frame specified by the administrative calendar
- Establish and maintain relations at a national level with administrative authorities linked to HR. Constantly monitor legal developments, review local labor laws regularly, approve information collected by law firms and integrate this information in Solidarités International documents
- Take part in meetings relating to HR issues, represent SI on request and/or by order
- Organize and lead information and coordination meetings
- Take part in drawing up proposals and donor reports, focusing on the analysis and the HR cost of the programs
- Draw up the HR annexes for the donor reports
- Act as liaison between headquarters and the field for matters relating to Human Resources management
- Degree in Administration, Human Resources Management or related field
- At least 5 years of experience as Admin and/or HR Manager / Coordinator in a professional organization (private, public and/or not-for-profit sector) with at least 2 years of experience in the humanitarian sector
- Proven training and capacity building experience
- English is mandatory (oral and written) & knowledge of local languages is an asset
- Advanced computer skills (use of MS Office package, including Excel). Knowledge of HOMERE payroll software is an asset
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills, ability to work independently, take the initiative and take responsibility, high level of motivation and proactivity, resilience to stress, diplomacy and open-mindedness, good communication skills. Experience in social dialogue management is an asset.
- Good analytical skills, organization and ability to manage priorities
- Experience in safeguarding is an asset
- Proactive approach to making proposals and identifying solutions
- Ability to analyse the national environment, taking account of its political, economic and historical characteristics
- Previous work experience with SI is an asset
What we offer
Salary + Transport, Leave & housing allowance + social benefits (medical coverage, 24 days of Annual leaves per year, compassionate leaves, public holidays as announced by government, festive bonus, Life insurance – covering death and permanent disability) etc.
Application Closing Date
10th November, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Please submit your application by clicking on the link above and select “Human Resources Coordinator”, fill the form and attach your CV and Cover letter.
- The CV attached must be named with your first name and surname.
- Solidarités International is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workplace diversity.
- We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, origin, creed, religion, disability, marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, etc.
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply!
- Solidarités International reserves the right to select a candidate and finalize the recruitment before the application closing date.