Job ID 32810
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Cultivating New Frontiers in Agriculture (CNFA) is an international non-profit organization headquartered in Washington, D.C. and Brussels, Belgium with offices in 16 countries throughout Africa, Asia and Eastern Europe.
We work with businesses, foundations, governments and communities to build customized local and global partnerships that meet the world’s growing demand for food. Since our inception in 1985, we have designed and implemented enterprise-based, agricultural development initiatives to facilitate market access, enhance agribusiness competitiveness, increase productivity and improve access to inputs and credit across 45 countries worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources (HR) Consultant
Employment Type: Full-time
Scope of Work
The human resources consultant will be required to carry out the following tasks:
- Oversee all human resources operations, including recruitment, hiring, employee onboarding, staff orientation, performance reviews, exit interviews and disciplinary actions in compliance with USAID rules and regulations and local labor laws.
- Oversee contract management process for short-term consultants in compliance with CNFA policies.
- Conduct vetting, SAM checks, document verification, and reference checks for all new employees and short-term consultants.
- Oversee personnel file management in hard copy and electronic for all long-term and short-term project staff. Ensure all personnel records are maintained in a confidential manner.
- Ensure that employee contracts are in line with Nigerian Labor Law and Basic Conditions of Employment Acts.
- Liaise with the Department of Labor or any other relevant Government of Nigeria authorities on labor or other human resource issues.
- Train supervisors regarding conducting performance evaluations of staff members in their units and monitor to ensure compliance with the process.
- Mitigate and resolve human resources conflicts and issues, seeking assistance and guidance from the Director of Finance and Administration or other senior staff members as needed.
- Assist in the coordination of Activity meetings events, trainings, travel authorization documents and accommodation logistics.
- Monitor leave of all staff, including vacation, holidays, sick, bereavement, etc.
- Manage the contracting process for short term consultants.
- Update and maintain a project-level HR manual.
- Provide support to Components & STTAs for accomplishment of their administrative requirements.
- Assist with filing, reception, and other administrative duties, as requested.
- Assist, when requested, in Project events planning, by creating and sending invitation emails to guests, tracking RSVPs and following up by email and phone on attendees.
- Undertake other assignments or tasks at the request of the Chief of Party or the Director of Finance and Administration.
Experience and Qualifications
The human resources consultant should have the following qualifications:
- Must be legally allowed to work in Nigeria.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Project Management, or a related field.
- 4+ years of relevant experience and progressive responsibility in human resource management the mid-level of an organization.
- Experience in HR in donor-funded projects.
- Experience with USAID projects, including a demonstrated understanding of applicable personnel-related USG regulations is an advantage.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting wage and other HR-related market surveys.
- Proficiency in working effectively as part of a team is required.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work in a highly dynamic environment.
- Customer-service oriented.
- Proficiency using Microsoft office suite, and other relevant software.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English are required. Knowledge of local languages is an advantage.
Application Closing Date
27th September, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.