Job ID 18568
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries. We save children’s lives. We fight for their rights. We help them fulfil their potential. Save the Children is working in Nigeria because one in five children in Nigeria dies before their fifth birthday. About 40% of children miss out on school and have to work to survive while nearly 2 million children have lost one or both parents to an AIDS-related disease.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources Intern (6 months Maternity Cover)
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Team: HR & Admin Team
Grade: NAT 7
Child Safeguarding: Level 3
- The post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
- To provide professional support and assistance for the development and management of Human Resources functions within the Humanitarian team, for the development and maintenance of policies & procedures, for staff welfare and the promotion of the Child Safeguarding Policy.
Scope of Role:
- Reports to: HR & Admin Manager
- Staff directly reporting to this post: None
- Budget responsibility: None
Key Areas of Accountability
- File and organize personnel files and other files maintained by the HR unit. Ensure documents are stored in an easy to access and understandable system
- Assist in the filing all staff documents appropriately into personnel files/ subject files on daily and weekly basis
- Ensure content of all staff files are reviewed occasionally for accuracy and completeness
- Assist in maintaining digital records of staff data on Save the Children’s HR shared point
- Follow up with staff and recruiting managers on missing documents in personnel and recruitments files
- Support program team with volunteer recruitment and contracting
- Design and maintain HR document register for in/out documents
- Assist in collating induction materials in readiness for Global Induction sessions
- Participate in the preparation for induction for new staff on the global and national policy guidelines and procedures
- Assist in coordinating HR meetings, training, surveys etc and take minutes of team meetings
- Assist the unit with interview coordination
- Provide administrative support to the HR Team
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Other – Other ad hoc tasks as requested by Line Manager.
- University Degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Social Science or equivalent in relevant field
Skills & Experience:
- Specified Study Area – Human Resources/Administration/Social Sciences or prior experience in Human Resources
- Language Requirements – English – Excellent
- Excellent computer skills, knowledge of Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS), Excel and demonstrated skills in database management and record keeping.
- Superior personal and ethical standards.
- Ability to build rapport quickly with internal customers utilizing excellent customer service skills.
- Have working knowledge of the local language
- Knowledge of HR analytics
- Knowledge of the use of Orale and Taleo.
Skills and Behaviours (Our Values in Practice)
- Accuracy and timeliness in all areas of responsibility
- High level of accuracy in work, and ability to analyse complex sets of relationships and situations
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Creating best-in-class EA function
- Future-orientated, thinks pro-actively
- Working effectively with stakeholders to achieve common goals
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners
- pproachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
Application Closing Date
24th November, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Female candidates are strongly advised to apply
- Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as it is contrary to the values and practices of our organization.
- Due to the volume of applications received, Save the Children may not provide feedback to all applicants. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, as applications will be reviewed as received. Save the Children reserves the right to change the closing date, if considered necessary.
Other jobs you may like
HR Admin / Logistics Assistant at Concern for Women and Children Development Foundation (COWACDI) Featured
- @ ListingAPI-2
- Yobe, Concern for Women and Children Development Foundation (COWACDI)