Job ID 32401
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Arctic Infrastructure (AI) is a multi-disciplinary private establishment with broad focus on infrastructure delivery, urban development and the environment. It is a development organization engaging in the planning, procurement, construction and management of infrastructure and spaces. Arctic Infrastructure (AI) envisions a world where access to sustainable infrastructure and livable environment will not be restricted to any human being based on social, economic or spatial status.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources Officer
Employment Type: Fulltime
Department: Office of the Project Director
The incumbent will report to the Head of Projects and have direct responsibilities as follows:
- Refine and give direction to the overall Human Resources strategy of the organization.
- Develop a human resources framework that fosters a sustainable working environment, attracts the best talent, and retains employees on a long-term basis.
- Update the existing recruitment policy and coordinate the recruitment of staff, prepare job descriptions, advertise vacant positions, manage the employment process, and create and implement effective onboarding plans.
- Design and manage staff benefits, compensation, training, and pension in accordance with the Human Resources Policy and subsequent directives and submit personnel appraisal reports.
- Maintain a pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys, scheduling and conducting job evaluations, preparing pay budgets, and recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions.
- Ensure planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results, scheduling management conferences with employees, hearing and resolving grievances, counseling, monitoring employee performance and communicating with staff about issues affecting their performances.
- Maintain employee benefits programs and inform employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends and recommending benefit programs to the management.
- Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource law, meeting all the regulatory requirements, conducting investigations, maintaining records, and representing the organization at hearings.
- Maintain management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Maintain historical human resource records and a database by designing a digital filing and retrieval system and keeping past and current records.
- Manage all employee relations including conflicts, penalties, and corrective measures as well as conducting exit interviews and performance evaluations.
- Plan, develop, and implemented the HR fundamentals, including the review of the company code of conduct, compensation & benefits policy, succession planning, training and development.
- Act as a strategic business partner to advise and support the organization in the planning, developing, managing, and efficient utilization of its talents.
- Plan and coordinate the Key Performance Indicators (KPI) setting for each year in line with corporate objectives.
- Coordinate the company’s yearly performance appraisals and make presentations to the management and board from time to time.
- Plan, design, and monitor the human resources and enterprise support department’s budgets.
- Plan, executed, and monitored training and development programs for the staff, management, board, and other stakeholders related to the ARCTIC INFRASTRUCTURE (AI).
- Manage the information and communication technology interface of the organization, including social media.
The incumbent will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s Degree will be a good advantage) in Human Resources, Industrial Relations, Business Administration, or other related social sciences degree.
- Between 3 – 8 years of work experience as a Human Resource person, Business Administrator, or other related fields.
- Evidence of registration with the Chartered Institute of Human Resources Management (CIHRM) or Chartered Institute of Personnel Management of Nigeria (CIPM).
- Ability to set up an effective and efficient HR system is a unique advantage.
- Good active listening, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- People-oriented, team player, and results-driven.
- Knowledge of the relevant software or technology to drive Human Resources processes and operations is a must.
Application Closing Date
30th September, 203.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using the position as the subject of the email.
Note: Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until September 30, 2023.