Job ID 19095
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
New Incentives is a pioneer in a growing movement of giving small incentives to caregivers whose infants get immunized, while increasing awareness of the health benefits of childhood vaccinations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources Officer
Locations: Sokoto / Zamfara, Kaduna, and Kebbi
Job type: Full-time
Department: Human Resources
- The Human Resources Officer will be assisting the HR Manager in recruitment, employee relations management, staff benefits administration, staff compensation, staff performance management, and training.
- The ideal candidate should be someone with at least 3 years experience in Human Resources, very diligent, detailed, and process oriented with some understanding of legal and logistics processes.
- The candidate should be residing in North West Nigeria. Excellent communication skills, a learning mindset, and ability to adapt quickly managing HR systems are essential to succeed in this role.
Organizational and Project Summary
- All Babies Are Equal Initiative (the Nigerian arm of US organization, New Incentives) was incorporated as a Nigerian non-governmental organization (NGO) and its work is focused on demand creation for routine immunization in Nigeria through conditional cash transfer.
- The organization’s goal is to save lives cost effectively by increasing immunization coverage in the North West Nigerian States of operation: Katsina, Zamfara and Jigawa States.
- The conditional cash transfer for routine vaccination intervention includes supply side review, awareness creation on immunization and its importance, and cash transfer of N500 for the first four mandatory immunization visits and N2,000 for the last immunization visit to the caregiver of eligible infants.
- Additionally, we engage in community mobilization and collaborate with governmental and other non-governmental organizations. We have over 170 staff with over 80% residing in North West Nigeria
Job Responsibilities and Tasks
- Assist in FOs selection and in-person interview at the LGAs level.
- Take lead to manage in person interviews of shortlisted FOs candidates through local New Incentives team members.
- Escalate any gaps, challenges or non compliances to the HR Manager for immediate follow up.
- Liaise with the SR unit and community leaders to ensure locals are recruited.
- Promote job ads on social media and do outreaches on platforms like LinkedIn and your network to identify candidates.
- Assist the HR Manager to send invitations, follow up with candidates, phone calls, schedule interviews, reference and background checks.
- Send feedback for the concluded recruitment exercise.
- Prepare the recruitment Gsheet during and after the process.
Onboarding, Benefits and Compensation Management (40%):
- Follow up with the new employees to ensure pension and NHF registration are done and numbers are generated.
- Follow up with the new office account opening during onboarding.
- Liaise with PFAs, NHF, NSITF and Tax offices for following up with remittances.
- Ensure employee information is up to date.
- Review employee leave applications on zoho and ensure the right documents are uploaded.
- Any other duty that may be assigned by the HR Manager or console.
Education and Work Experience Requirement
- BSc or BA in Business Administration, Social Sciences or its recognized equivalent
- 2 – 5 years in a Human Resources general function.
- 1 – 2 years prior experience working for a non-profit, charitable organization, NGO or (I)NGO is a plus
Skills and Competencies Requirement:
- Preferably a candidate already based in Sokoto, Zamfara, Kaduna or Kebbi States or willing to relocate to either of the States
- Detail-oriented and diligent professional
- Process-oriented with some understanding of legal and logistics processes
- Good networks and contacts in North West Nigeria and ability to leverage for recruitment
- Good organizational skills, effective time management, ability to meet deadlines, multi-task, and prioritize tasks
- Sound cultural awareness and ability to work multicultural and multiethnic environment
- Proven managerial and / or leadership skills
- Ability to deliver high quality work in short periods of time and to work under pressure
- Critical thinker and possess problem solving attitude
- Passion to help others and reduce infant mortality
- Very good communication and writing skills, English, Hausa and dialects (verbal and written)
- Excellent responsiveness to email and phone requests
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint, internet browsers, smartphones and ICT in general. The candidate should be willing to use Google Doc, Google Sheet and Google Slides.
- Motivation to work in a young organization that is constantly changing based on stakeholder feedback and operates with a lean structure
- Proficiency in English Language (conversation, reading and writing) is required
- Knowledge of Hausa Language (conversation and reading) is an advantage.
Application Closing Date
30th November, 2022
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Other jobs you may like
HR Admin / Logistics Assistant at Concern for Women and Children Development Foundation (COWACDI) Featured
- @ ListingAPI-2
- Yobe, Concern for Women and Children Development Foundation (COWACDI)