Job ID 2467
Experience 1 Year
Gender Male or Famele
Chemonics International – We’re one of the world’s leading partners in international development, because where Chemonics works, development works. From our founding in 1975, we have worked in more than 150 countries to help our clients, partners and beneficiaries take on the world’s toughest challenges. Today, we re-imagine global supply chains to deliver essential medicines to the right place at the right time. Our global network of more than 4,000 specialists share an unwavering resolve to work better, driven by a conviction that the world must be better.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Information Technology (IT) Associate
Classification: STTA (Local)
Level of Effort: TBD
Scope of Work (SOW)
- This scope of work (SOW) sets forth the services to be provided by the IT Associate to SAII Associates Ltd/Gte, an associate company of Chemonics International Inc. in the implementation of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) in Nigeria.
- The purpose of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program – Procurement and Supply Management single award IDIQ contract is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities to prevent suffering, save lives, and create a brighter future for families around the world.
- The IDIQ has four task orders that directly support the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and USAID’s family planning and reproductive health program.
- GHSC-PSM provides health commodity procurement services and systems strengthening technical assistance that address all elements of a comprehensive supply chain. All four task orders are implemented in Nigeria.
- The Information Technology Associate will provide direct technical assistance and support to GHSC-PSM and SHARP TO1 staff on network, hardware and software issues.
- Duties include basic installation and maintenance of computer systems including software and hardware on laptops, resolving internet and network access issues (both wired and wireless), providing network printer support, meeting with staff to provide one-on-one basic technical assistance as needed/requested.
Essential Job Duties / Responsibilities
- Participate as an active member of the information technology team, providing level 1 and 2 support for simple to complex task.
- Response to level 1 Helpdesk support, troubleshooting problems and assist in simplifying technical solutions to end-users.
- Deployment of computers and mobiles devices with an updated version of operating system and supporting applications.
- Installation of desktop monitors, docking stations and VoIP desktop phones for end users.
- Support the repair/maintenance of PC hardware components, and software.
- Troubleshooting and replacement of toners/cartridges in office copiers and printers.
- Assist in maintaining inventory records and documentation for equipment.
- Escalating unresolved tasks to superior IT staff for onward resolution.
- Perform other duties/projects as assigned.
- The IT Associate will report directly to an IT Advisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree in either Computer Science, Information Technology or B.Eng. Computer Engineering
- At least 1 year of relevant work experience
- Customer service skills, basic troubleshooting skills, ability to work well in a team environment.
- Basic experience with Microsoft Office suite in a technical support environment.
- Basic experience with networking technologies and diverse specification of printer support is required.
- Basic analytical skills and the ability to troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software problems.
- Basic skill in research/application and understanding technical documentation
- Basic skills with the ability to respond effectively to inquiries or complaints.
- Experience working on a USAID or donor-funded project required
- Fluency in English is required.
Working Conditions / Duration of Assignment
- This is a short-term position and based in Abuja, Nigeria.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Other jobs you may like
HR Admin / Logistics Assistant at Concern for Women and Children Development Foundation (COWACDI) Featured
- @ ListingAPI-2
- Yobe, Concern for Women and Children Development Foundation (COWACDI)