Job ID 31253
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Independent Project Monitoring Company (IPMC) Limited is one of Nigeria oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology, and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in Nigeria and has a network of, manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities. It delivers innovative technologies and services designed to meet the world’s current and future energy needs in a safe, ethical, and sustainable manner. Grounded by our core values and inspired by our world-class people, we are committed to being a trusted business partner to those we serve.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Infrastructure Auditor – Civil (Construction)
Employment Type: Contract
- The Electrical Engineer for Refinery Construction and Infrastructure Audit is responsible for providing technical expertise and oversight related to electrical systems during the construction phase of a refinery project. Additionally, this role involves conducting comprehensive audits of existing electrical infrastructure within the refinery to ensure safety, reliability, and compliance with industry standards and regulations.
- The engineer will work closely with the construction team, project managers, and other engineering disciplines to ensure that electrical systems are designed, installed, and maintained in a manner that meets all operational requirements.
Refinery Construction Phase:
- Review electrical design plans and specifications to ensure compliance with engineering standards and applicable codes.
- Provide technical support during the installation and commissioning of electrical systems, including power distribution, lighting, motor control, instrumentation, and other related components.
- Collaborate with the construction team to resolve any electrical design issues that arise during the construction process.
- Conduct regular inspections to verify that electrical installations adhere to safety standards and quality requirements.
- Perform thorough audits of existing electrical infrastructure within the refinery to identify potential hazards, inefficiencies, and opportunities for improvement.
- Evaluate the condition and functionality of electrical equipment, distribution networks, switchgear, transformers, and protective devices.
- Identify areas where upgrades or modifications are necessary to ensure compliance with safety standards and to enhance system performance.
- Develop comprehensive audit reports detailing findings, recommendations, and proposed action plans.
Compliance and Safety:
- Ensure that all electrical systems and equipment comply with relevant industry codes, standards, and regulations.
- Collaborate with the safety department to implement safety protocols for electrical installations and maintenance activities.
- Recommend and implement measures to mitigate electrical hazards and enhance safety within the refinery.
Documentation and Reporting:
- Maintain accurate records of electrical installations, modifications, and audit findings.
- Generate progress reports, audit reports, and other documentation as required by management and regulatory authorities.
- Participate in project planning and scheduling related to electrical aspects of refinery construction and infrastructure audits.
- Coordinate with project managers, contractors, and other stakeholders to ensure timely completion of electrical engineering tasks
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field.
- Master’s degree or certifications are a plus.
- Previous experience: A minimum of 15 years’ experience in electrical engineering within the refinery, petrochemical, or heavy industrial sectors.
- Experience in construction project management, electrical system design, and infrastructure audits is highly valued.
- Proficiency in relevant electrical engineering codes, standards, and regulations (e.g., NEC, IEEE, IEC, IOC, NOC).
- Familiarity with refinery processes and equipment is beneficial.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities to work effectively with multidisciplinary teams.
- Attention to detail and a strong commitment to safety and compliance.
- QMS, PMP, NSE and COREN are mandatory.
Application Closing Date
21st August, 2023.