Job ID 34760
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Innovation Hub Analyst
- The Entrepreneurship and Social Innovation Hub Analyst, you will be charged with the responsibility of supporting the growth and development of our Entrepreneurship and Social Innovation Hub.
- The incumbent will serve as a catalyst for innovation and social impact within the university, host community, connecting entrepreneurs and change-makers to resources, mentorship, and opportunities in accordance with AUN’s mission and vision of becoming Africa’s premier development University.
- Support day-to-day operations of the Entrepreneurship and Social Innovation Hub, ensuring it runs smoothly and efficiently.
- Assist the Director in managing facility and resource scheduling to accommodate hub users, events, and activities.
- Maintain and update hub policies and procedures to ensure a conducive environment for innovation.
- Collect and analyze data related to hub activities, including user engagement, program effectiveness, and impact metrics.
- Prepare regular reports and presentations to communicate key performance indicators and insights to stakeholders.
- Assist in the planning, coordination, and execution of entrepreneurship and social innovation programs, workshops, and events.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to curate engaging activities that support the university’s entrepreneurship goals.
- Provide guidance and resources to entrepreneurs, startups, and social innovators using the hub.
- Foster a supportive and collaborative environment, facilitating networking and mentorship opportunities for students and alumni led community driven solutions.
- Build and maintain relationships with local entrepreneurial and social innovation networks.
- Engage with the broader community to understand needs and trends, and identify opportunities for collaboration.
- Promote the hub’s activities and resources through various channels, including social media, the university newsletters, and website updates.
- Participate in outreach efforts to attract a diverse range of entrepreneurs and innovators.
- Perform any other duties as assigned or delegated.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or a related discipline from a reputable tertiary institution.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in entrepreneurship, social innovation, or community development.
- Strong analytical and data management skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Organized, detail-oriented, and able to manage multiple tasks effectively.
- Familiarity with project management and event coordination.
- Proficiency in using data analysis tools and software.
- Passion for making a positive impact in the local community.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Knowledge of relevant local and global trends in entrepreneurship and social innovation.
Other Requirements / Abilities:
- Good understanding of the challenge and significance of building an entrepreneurship and social innovation hub on the American model in a rural region of Nigeria.
- Dynamic and innovative personality.
- Mastering more than one language.
Application Closing Date
27th October, 2023.