Job ID 28785
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Eta-Zuma Group is a company of 8 separate companies with exploration licenses covering diverse solid minerals like iron ore, gold, tantalite, coal, limestone/marble, etc. In April 2009, these eight companies were acquired by Energy and Metal Industries Limited to form the Eta-Zuma Group Limited. ETA-Zuma Group is an indigenous conglomerate with interests in diverse strategic sectors of the economy. The acquisition was spurred by the economic reason to consolidate the diverse licenses into a balanced portfolio that will reduce risk and position the emerging company to exploit emerging market opportunities in a global commodities market that is on a rebound. The acquisition also included Eta-Zuma Group Limited – a key player in the emerging solid minerals industry of Nigeria. The acquisitions increased the size of the company more than five-fold. The Group re-opened earlier exploration sites and has since invested over $10million in proving reserves of especially marble and opening up new coal reserves and in new plant and machinery.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Audit Officer
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- Communicating with a variety of stakeholders across the company.
- Support compilation and implementation of annual internal audit plan.
- Support company-wide internal audit in accordance with annual audit objectives.
- Hold opening and closing meetings with management.
- Challenging current processes across the company and identify opportunities for refinement.
- Reporting on control deficiencies to management and making recommendations to mitigate risk and add value.
- Play active role to developing, implementing, maintaining and reviewing of internal audit policies procedures including ensuring they are up to date in accordance with international best practices.
- Support to implement best audit and business practices in line with applicable internal audit charter.
- Evaluate financial documents to ensure accuracy and compliance with regulations.
- Identifying financial record-keeping process that can be improved.
- Determining ways to cut costs and improve profitability.
- Identifying significant risk areas of the business and through effective implementation and monitoring of controls, offer recommendation to reduce business and financial risks.
- Accessing the efficiency and productivity of staff at different levels in line to achieving the overall objectives of the company and making recommendations for improvements where there are gaps.
- Conduct ad hoc investigations into identified or reported risks.
- Make presentation of all findings in report form to the Management and BRAAC
- Engaging remediation of identified issues through follow-up
Competencies/ Requirements / Qualifications
- Degree in Internal Auditing, Financial Accounting, Financial Management, Economics or Business Studies.
- An MBA in related disciple will be an advantage.
- 5 years work experience in an internal audit environment.
- Certification with relevant internal audit or accounting bodies (IIA, CISA, ICAN, CITN, ACCA, CFA)
- Strong communication skill to work with all members of the organization.
- High level inter personal skill.
- Organizational, problem solving and business acumen skills.
- Excellent attention to details to review large amount of data and numbers with ability to multi- task.
- Exceptional mathematical and analytical skills to verify entries.
- Good critical thinking skills to gather all the available data and make informed decisions.
- Excellent research skills to find all related information needed.
- Proficiency in accounting software and spreadsheets.
- Presentation and report writing skills.
- Willingness to travel for the purpose of the job.
Application Closing Date
27th July, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online