Job ID 32397
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Elephant Healthcare builds mobile, digital infrastructure for public health systems across the Global South. Founded in 2018 by doctors and driven by technical expertise, we are building a platform – ElephantOS – that improves outcomes, reduces costs and makes healthcare accessible for all. We are a small band of experts. This inspires our purpose as we focus on delivering solutions for real-world health problems. We are open, creative and collaborative, and we believe that products, whether used in Sudan or San Francisco, should be intuitive and beautiful.
We currently have employees in Kenya, Nigeria, Pakistan and the UK. And we’re backed by leading VC firms including Novastar Ventures, General Catalyst, LocalGlobe, First Minute, SeedCamp, Push Ventures, Speed Invest and Manta Ray.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT & Logistics Manager
Type of Role: Fixed Term
- We are looking for an innovative and ambitious IT & Logistics Manager to manage all hardware and software related operations to support our operations team in different States.
- This will require you to manage our warehouse in Abuja and build a pipeline of distributors/carriers to dispatch hardware across Nigeria.
- You will also manage key stakeholders like the telecommunication companies and other technology companies.
- You will be working with a young and fast moving international team of high achievers and so need to be dynamic, flexible, passionate, and excellent.
As a IT & Logistics Manager you will:
- Develop best class operational processes and policies around device management and all IT related business for both internal staff and external stakeholders.
- Conduct inbound services, which includes receiving and processing hardware from suppliers into our warehouse.
- Manage, tag, and track all company assets.
- Proactively manage Inventory levels and project trackers through daily/weekly/monthly cycle counting maintaining inventory stock levels with variance SLA
- Deliver an exceptional performance at all operational territories including but not limited to shipping, distribution, inventory management and repairs
- Effectively manage relationships with key stakeholders to deliver great service at the best value to Elephant and our partners.
- Lead the operational relationships with our telecommunication partners and support procurement of new hardware and software;
- Provide performance,inventory and data reports on all hardwares.
- Coordinate delivery of assets for shipment, including picking, packaging, labeling and co-ordinating with couriers to ensure timely delivery ahead of time.
- Spend time across Elephant’s partner states to provide in-person troubleshooting support
- Provide Technical Support activities related to the Operations function.
- Providing leadership and direction to colleagues to ensure that goals, targets, and expectations are communicated clearly. Respond to all feedback and issues raised by colleagues in an appropriate and timely manner.
- The role is based in Abuja, with a requirement for travel within the country.
Skills, Attributes and Experience
Our ideal colleague will have the following skills, attributes and experience:
- 5+ years experience working at a senior level in a top firm in enterprise technology, healthcare, telecommunication, or similar;
- A relevant technical degree from a globally recognised university;
- A hands-on management style, an entrepreneurial mindset, with sound judgment and first-rate problem-solving skills;
- A proactive approach to problem solving and a bias for action;
- Experience in supply chain and logistics in Nigeria; you have dealt with hardware vendors and service providers while managing warehouse inventory;
- Experience building, leading and growing exceptional multi-disciplinary teams;
- Experience with tracking and troubleshooting tablets and laptops;
- Fluent in English, with excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to explain complex topics to a non-technical audience and speak with candour and clarity;
- Strong and reflective decision-maker with an ability to balance attention to detail, with excellent problem-solving and critical analysis skills; and
- You are curious, collaborative, innovative and act with care and respect for others.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online