Job ID 29670
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries. We save children’s lives. We fight for their rights. We help them fulfil their potential. Save the Children is working in Nigeria because one in five children in Nigeria dies before their fifth birthday. About 40% of children miss out on school and have to work to survive while nearly 2 million children have lost one or both parents to an AIDS-related disease.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Knowledge Management & Learning Advisor
Job Identification: 2303
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Team: Program Development & Quality/Monitoring Evaluation Accountability & Learning
Post Type: National
Contract Length: Fixed Term
Job Category: Programme, Development and Quality
Job Schedule: Full time
- Level 3, the responsibilities of this post may require the post holder to have regular contact with children and young people.
- As part of these responsibilities the post holder will support the establishment of child safeguarding systems, promote a culture of keeping children safe, and ensure that potential harm to children (by our own staff and/or as a result of how we do our work) is identified and addressed on an ongoing basis. The post holder should report and respond to interventions as determined by position related responsibilities identified in the Child Safeguarding Policy.
- Save the Children International (SCI) is a leading independent organisation creating lasting change for children in need around the world. With its headquarters in London, UK, SCI works in over 120 countries globally, including Nigeria, helping children survive, learn and be protected by improving their education, health, nutrition, protection and economic opportunities, and in times of acute crisis, mobilizing rapid life-saving assistance to help children recover from the effects of war, conflict and natural disasters.
- The Nigeria Country Office is committed to learning and improving its capacity for knowledge management.
- The purpose of the role is to coordinate organisational knowledge management & learning (KML) as an enabler for increasing our impact for children. This role will provide technical leadership and strategic direction for Knowledge Management & Learning (KML) initiatives and ensures that the Country office consistently identifies, generates, applies, and shares KML best practices in support of the delivery of our strategic objectives.
- The role holder will be a part of the Monitoring Evaluation Accountability & Learning (MEAL) team and will work closely with a wide range of staff, including those in Program Development & Quality (Business Development, thematic and cross-cutting technical advisors); Programme Operations; Advocacy, Campaigns, Communications & Media (ACCM) and Information Technology (IT).
Scope of Role:
- Reports to: Head of MEAL
- Staff directly reporting to this post: None
Key Areas of Accountability
Leadership and Management of the KM and Learning (KML) Function:
- Lead on delivering on the ‘Learning & Growth’ goals contained in the 2022-24 SCI Nigeria Country Strategic Goals.
- Develop and execute the SCI Nigeria Knowledge Management and Learning strategy.
- Lead in the development, roll-out and execution of the Country Learning Agenda and guide Project teams in the development of and implementation of Project Learning Agendas.
- Lead on completing the Learning Country Assessment during each CSP (country strategic priorities) period and execute the action plans in collaboration with relevant teams.
- Lead initiatives to strengthen processes, practices, culture, and systems that drive organisational learning activities.
- Develop mechanisms for consulting and receiving feedback from staff on the relevance and usefulness of KM and organisational learning initiatives and platforms and use results to drive continuous improvement in the service.
- Provide overall direction on KML systems and platforms, including ensuring functioning of thematic / programmatic KML platforms.
- Ensure that all SCI Nigeria programmes properly archive knowledge resources in the SCI Nigeria Resource Centre, Global Resource Centre, and Global Thematic Library.
- Ensure that all knowledge networking technologies (SCI OneNet, SCI Nigeria Resource Center) and platforms are increasingly integrated, easy-to-access and use, and optimally designed and deployed to deliver demonstrable value.
- Design, review, and lead initiatives to strengthen the enabling environment, incentives, culture, and resourcing in support of improved knowledge management and organisational learning.
- Support programmes, thematic and regional teams to identify and deliver effective products and services for sharing and encouraging uptake of knowledge and organisational learning.
- Support in the development of case studies, learning briefs, human impact stories for projects and ensure that these meet Save the Children child safeguarding policies.
- Support in the dissemination of research findings, learnings, best practices, new methods, and innovation through internal and external webinars, brown bags, workshops etc. with all staff and relevant community of practices.
- Support in the generation of evidence in proposals.
- Work with technical advisers and MEAL team to develop academic papers and abstracts from research studies and publish in journals.
- Ensure the quality, consistency and appropriateness of evidence-based knowledge products and communication materials that are developed, produced, and disseminated to beneficiaries, government officials, implementing partners, other partners, and the media.
- Ensure all awards include KML milestones and activities in their MEAL Plans and Detailed Implementation Plans.
- Identify and maximise opportunities to raise the visibility and profile of the programme, both internationally and in-country.
- Comply with SCI policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Any other reasonable duty as may be assigned that is consistent with the nature of the job.
Qualifications and Experience
- Requires a professional level of specialized knowledge, technical/functional skills and attention to detail to manage complex tasks, programs or projects.
- At least 7 years of overall relevant professional experience, including in knowledge management & Learning.
- Experience in developing/managing knowledge management systems/programmes.
- Advanced experience with creating knowledge repositories on SharePoint and OneNet.
- Ability to use computer systems and effectively organize information and knowledge products on internal repositories and external websites.
- Familiarity with the state of the art in communication technology, including the application of Workplace to accommodate business related needs.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the development and management of data bases and/or document catalogues.
- Experience establishing, supporting and/ or leading communities of practice, particularly via online platforms.
- Experience working in at least one of the five SCI global thematic areas preferred (Child Protection, Child Poverty, Child Rights Governance, Education, Health & Nutrition).
- Excellent listening, communication, and networking skills; proven experience and effectiveness working across functional teams and in a matrixed structure; and an ability to work with diverse populations.
- A track record of national and international working experience with increasing responsibilities in the development space.
- Experience in leading/managing knowledge product development and dissemination. Substantial understanding of knowledge management theory, practice, and tools.
- Exposure and experience in multiple international development programmes preferred.
- Self- motivated and able to work with high degree of autonomy.
- Exceptional oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to effectively handle multiple tasks and meet strict deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, flexibility, adaptability, and ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Ability to travel extensively to all Save the Children Nigeria locations.
- Post graduate qualification in a knowledge management and/or development related area – (Information, Communication, Economics, Public Policy, Development Management, International Relations, Business Administration etc.).
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling SCI values.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same.
- Widely shares their personal vision for SCI, engages and motivates others.
- Future-orientated, thinks strategically.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members, government, donors and other external partners and supporters.
- Values diversity sees it as a source of competitive strength.
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions.
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency.
Application Closing Date
27th July, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Other jobs you may like
- @ ListingAPI-2
- Kaduna North, Kaduna, Centre for Community Development and Research Network (CCDRN)