Job ID 7562
Experience 3 Years
Gender Male or Famele
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Knowledge Management Officer
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- The purpose of this role is to co-ordinate all Knowledge creation, use, sharing and learning efforts across Plan International Nigeria’s programmes in line with International best practices and relevant guidelines and to coordinate the operationalization of effective and appropriate systems and processes for measuring, storing and sharing impact, learning and reporting across the organization
Dimensions of the Role
- Communicates widely within Plan International Nigeria, Lake chad region and with local implementing partners.
- Knowledge Management Officer will be responsible for designing and delivering a knowledge infrastructure for the organisation that will allow her/him to develop, capture, store and share best practices from our strategic initiatives as well as other works.
- The post holder will interface and support team leads and members and work closely with the communications and MERL team to establish and maintain processes to ensure knowledge management efforts are shaping strategy and informing decision making.
- The role requires strong facilitation and organisational skills along with the ability to analyse and communicate complex information to all stakeholders.
Learning and Knowledge Management:
In collaboration with the Field Teams, M&E Manager, team leads, communication team and sector Specialists, the KM officer will:
- Collaborate with the KM committee and M&E Manager to create a Knowledge management strategy and framework
- Within this framework, work collaboratively with program staff to identify, and prioritize types of knowledge to develop and capture
- In collaboration with the KM committee drive organisations learning agenda to foster development and use of best practices and improve outcomes in programme initiatives
- Help create a culture of sharing this knowledge among staff, partners, community partners and opinion leaders, and peers
- Create collaborative tools to facilitate sharing of ideas that are of use to colleagues, project teams, and other partners
- Provide support to program staff to develop conference presentations to highlight our strategic work and share with the field
- Work with communications unit to determine how to best share knowledge to both internal and external stakeholders/audiences, including print and electronic information
- Work with communications unit to prepare information about Plan Nigeria’s initiatives to share with policymakers
- Work with external evaluators to share evaluation results for external audiences
- Participate in information sharing and education with peer organisations
- Support efforts to identify and develop relationships with non-profit and private sector partners and funders in support of Plan Nigeria’s activities
- Partner closely with Communications units to identify and utilize new communication channels to share Plan Nigeria’s knowledge with different audiences
- Working in partnership with the Communications unit, to establish and coordinate internal and external briefings and convenings to package and distribute relevant organisation knowledge, increase understanding of the Plan Nigeria’s work and build Plan Nigeria’s networks;
- Ensure that regular lessons learnt workshops and learning activities are held
- Shares information within the project teams about research and evaluation findings and lessons learnt in a systematic timely manner.
- Shares information within the teams about different approaches and supports the documentation of lessons learnt, approaches and good practices.
- Ensure feedback and recommendations from evaluations, community feedback mechanisms are regularly captured and fed into management meeting
- Facilitates processes for internal and external knowledge sharing among programmes teams and supports such processes
- Ensure high-quality implementation, in close collaboration with the Project/unit heads, sector Specialists, and consistency in protocols, information and reporting systems
- Utilize the training data collected to inform strategic decision-making and project planning
- Promote and support the dissemination of project information among the project teams
- Use infographics to produce information products that are reader friendly (converting research and evaluation reports into infographics).
- Support development of data analytics and dashboard across the country programme
- Support the digital transformation journey of the country programme
- Act as the Programme Digital Catalyst focus person for Plan Nigeria Country Office
- Support the IT unit in the automation of organisational processes
- Regularly update the maintain the project manager software and Plan reporting apps
- Participates in national, regional networks and meeting as requested.
Programme development & Quality Management:
- Development and implementation of a knowledge management strategy and plan
- Ensure relevant data is entered into organization-wide data management system designed to capture, analyse, and disseminate project data
- Develop and oversee data flow pattern for programs that will ensure timely data collection and reporting
- Support the Knowledge management component of evaluation/research/survey efforts, to document results and provide feedback to stakeholders to guide decision-making
- Cultivate strategic relationships and alliances, and present Plan Nigeria’s activities in public and professional circles through meetings, conferences, and presentations
- Ensure teams are meeting up with reporting deadlines and reports are reviewed and feedback given to teams
- Management and regularly update of the evaluation tracker and the programme library.
- Use of new social media
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum of 3 years’ work experience in knowledge management, monitoring and evaluating programs with an organization with a robust M&E component.
- Strong technical skills, including PowerBI or Tableau, Canva or Piktochart, SharePoint, MS Access, MS Excel (Advance Formula, Lookup), SPSS or STATA, and Collaboration Platforms (Miro, Mural)
- Proven expertise in quantitative and qualitative methodologies, research, reporting, data quality assessments, data analysis and presentation.
- Strong understanding of M&E, policy and compliance requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English including excellent facilitation skills and demonstrated technical writing skills for publication.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse national and international teams.
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
- Ability to travel nationally
Application Closing Date
23rd September, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Plan International Nigeria is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or disabilities.
- Plan International Nigeria is fully committed to child protection to prevent children from all forms of abuse.
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted