Job ID 21993
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Afriglobal Medicare Limited is a state-of-the-art diagnostic center with special attention to patient care. We are committed to improving healthcare in Africa through quality and affordable diagnostics, in Radiology, Pathology, Cardiology and Wellness. With a team of highly qualified professionals who together have a combined wealth of over 20 years’ experience, we are setting a new benchmark for Diagnostics Services in Nigeria and Africa. Our Mantra: “Patient care comes first”
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Laboratory Manager
Location: Lagos (Initially Lagos, then anywhere in Nigeria or Global)
Employment Type: Full-time
Position / Grade: Operations Manager – Senior Officer / Manager
Reporting To: Area Operations Manager
Reporting Into: COO
- Project planning, coordination and implementation.
- Operations management & delivery of all agreed KPIs.
- Facility Management Coordination
- Centre Accounting/Finance Daily/Weekly Report
- Team (Leadership) building and routine coordination.
- Quality Assurance and Inventory management – Plan, structure and execute quality
- Delivery in all aspects and attain productivity. Also plan and administer the inventory.
- Project planning and implementation: Involved in planning, execution and operations of the project (s).
- To independently manage and coordinate the day to day operations of a staff strength not less 15 inclusive of third party
- Deliver agreed business performance
- Pathology, radiology and non-medical team members plus other stakeholders of the company.
- Afriglobal Group in Nigeria.
- Govt. agencies, medical associations and regulatory bodies
Detailed Tasks & Responsibilities
Key Result Areas:
Management of the Laboratory:
- Regulatory affairs: to design processes and systems in compliance with all regional regulatory bodies and provide training to all staff time to time. Communicate with regulatory bodies for licenses, permits and inspections
- Governance: Involved from plan to implementation and thereafter for ongoing operations for ensuring regulatory compliance
- Leadership: To lead the team for smooth and productive operations with a clear cut budget and planning on annual fiscal year.
- Bottom line: Deliver agreed business yearly performance target
- Referral Lab: Drive selection and monitoring of referral labs
- Ensuring a continuous implementation of quality management system in the lab
- Evaluate Laboratory risk, Design and implement contingency plan
- Address complaints, Requests or suggestions from Staff and/ or Laboratory users
- Provide professional development programs for Laboratory Staff
- Ensures lab users have been trained on the correct use of the lab equipment, in addition to mentoring and disciplining lab users for not following safety policies/procedures that have been established for the lab.
- Schedules safety training for new lab users and retraining for lab users who are in need of refresher training to include but not be limited to: equipment training, safety training and/or lab safety plan reviews and ensure the training has been documented.
- Be familiar with the regulatory requirements specific to the lab and ensures all users are incompliance with those standards.
- Update and maintain the Lab Safety Plan
- Accompany the Health Safety Manager during Lab Inspections.
- Evaluates and establishes costs/price for individual in-house tests with supervisor. Independently negotiates price for off campus testing.
- Stays abreast of new tests, new procedures, and new technology in the Medical Technology field. Initiates discussion with medical and administrative personnel regarding implementation of new methodology, tests, and procedures as appropriate.
- Managing laboratory inventory, establishing preventative maintenance schedule for equipment; overseeing computerized records system.
- Performs duties as assigned or requested by the HOD.
- Oversees laboratory safety and ensures that the laboratory remains in compliance with all local, state and federal regulations. In cases where non-compliance is found, documents the instances as well as how they were abated.
- Ensures all reagents and supplies are available when needed.
- Manages and updates reagent inventories.
- Communicates and enforces laboratory safety rules to internal and external staff working in the lab.
- Ensures all users of the lab are wearing the appropriate PPE.
- Establishes and implements written operating procedures and protocols that are in compliance with WHO standards for HIV, AIDS, Hepatitis B and Blood borne Pathogen Exposure.
- Establishes and maintains a routine documented schedule of quality control and quality assurance, including satisfying the external quality control procedures established by ISO.
- Develops and directs the statistical and record keeping software functions of the laboratory.
- Performs laboratory testing – hematology, immunohematology, bacteriology, mycology, urinalysis, immunology, chemistry, endocrinology, serology, and parasitology. Obtains and processes specimens; performs tests.
Maintenance / Housekeeping:
- Ensures that the laboratory is cleaned/sanitized and kept in an orderly manner.
- Ensures all instrumentations/equipment is functioning properly to include but not limited to eyewash/safety showers and when instruments/equipment are found to be in need of maintenance/repair, he/she contacts the Equipment Engineer to have it repaired.
Promote good customer relations with all AML clients:
- Maintain good customer relations at all times, including:
- Maintaining a professional appearance
- Being polite and courteous to all clients in person and on the telephone
- Promoting AML laboratory services
- Answering customer questions or direct questions to appropriate personnel
- Other ISO duties.
- Obey and practice laws of Nigeria
- Have respect for other team members, board and business associates.
- Qualification of BMLS, BRAD, or BNSC.
- Proficient in English Language
- Additional education and qualification (e.g. specialization, management) is an added advantage.
- Have rich experience of the operations and management of pathology laboratory, with a minimum of 2-year cognate experience as Manager/Supervisor of a standard Laboratory.
- Previous experience of setting up Laboratory / Diagnostics Centre and developed automation of the laboratory; implement LIMS and PACS interface.
- Top-level network in the medical and diagnostics industry and, especially with various equipment suppliers
- Advance skills of MS Office, Internet and computer.
- International exposure will be an added advantage, especially experience in Nigeria.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Punctual and reliable
- Leadership & analytical skills to steer the team and able to work independently with high dynamism and drive. Key focus on details and quality of business developed.
- Growth path will be to position of responsibility & eventually Head of operations – healthcare projects.
- Any nationality, preferable if African
- Experience with reputed hospitals / laboratories (SRL, Metropolis, Dr. Lal Pathlabs, NM Medicals, Apollo, etc.)
- Dealing with medical and laboratory equipment companies (Roche, Beckman Coulter, Diasys, Abbott, BD, Biomeuriex, Siemens, GE, Toshiba, Phillips, Kodak, etc)
- Companies rendering similar services.
Salary, savings and perks
- Depending on the candidate & as per company policy.
- Will not be a limitation for deserving candidate.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online