Job ID 23613
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
We are an indigenous non–profit and non–governmental organization with Head Office in Abuja and field offices in several locations across Nigeria. We are in the business of saving lives, making life more meaningful and productive for all Nigerians and especially for people living with; and affected by HIV. It is an organization built on strong core values, we believe strongly in commitment, innovation, inspiring leadership, and partnerships.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Laboratory Services Officer
Job Code: LBS:0013
Location: Lokoja, Kogi
Grant Duration: Subject to availability of funds and exceptional grant performance
Do You Have What it Takes to Join Us?
- We are in search of innovative, creative, and self-motivated talents with outstanding skills and proven track records in the advertised position.
- A reliable individual who is committed, audacious, accountable, and passionate (females and HIV community members are strongly encouraged to apply) with strong core values to work with our highly experienced team at our Head and state offices in the following capacities:
- A reliable executor who is flexible and can hit the ground running in aiding the organization achieve its goals as it aligns with saving lives, making life more meaningful and productive for all Nigerians and especially for the most vulnerable. If this typifies you, kindly read on.
- The personnel will assist the Associate Director/Head, Laboratory and Biosafety Services in designing, planning and implementation of quality laboratory services and any laboratory related activities; supervising all Associates, Assistant and Short-term hire under the Unit and the coordinate all laboratory day-to-day activities.
- Responsible at the state level for laboratory logistics, Laboratory Information System (LIS), sample management and result, COVID-19 Bi-directional testing, Rapid Testing Continuous Quality Improvement (RTCQI), Recency Surveillance, CD4 testing, Advance HIV Disease (AHD) Diagnostic Monitoring, GeneXpert testing optimization, Infection Prevention & Control, Biosafety and Biosecurity, equipment management and Laboratory stakeholder’s engagement and coordination meetings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintaining oversight on the functionality and optimization of all Clinical laboratory services as well as laboratory related activities across healthcare facilities and communities.
- Assist in the design, implementation and monitoring system to assure an efficient documentation of lab documents and records.
- Ensure sample collection, sample processing and management, storage, and referral and timely result return are in line with the laboratory quality assurance and program and 3rd ’95 (for VL)
- Oversees result return for VL, EID, HPV, and HIV-DRT samples and TAT Tracking, particularly at DRL/NRL PCR laboratory • Ensure DBS samples for Infant Virologic Testing (IVT) are prioritized, and result returned tracked.
- The job holder will support the implementation of Laboratory Continuous Quality Improvement (QMS and TB CLICQI) and the deployment and institution of appropriate corrective and preventive action respectively.
- S/he will review and monitor QA and QC activities of the Laboratory to determine conformance with established policies, national regulations, or accreditation requirements.
- S/he will be responsible for implementation of HIV Rapid Test Continuous Quality Improvement (RTCQI) and Recency lab program across all supported testing sites (facilities and communities).
- Responsible for the implementation of COVID-19 Bidirectional testing for HIV testing services and COVID-19 testing services.
- Review and monitor the existing system for Sample Referral Network across varying levels of healthcare and geographical locations.
- S/he will monitor the system for optimal functionality and linkage of the Laboratory Information System (CMM, LIMS-NMRS exchange, consumable tracking).
- Interface with clinical and SI state teams on the review of laboratory/lab-related program data and reporting on reportable databases and/or internal reporting channels/trackers
- Coordinates and implement Advanced HIV Disease (AHD) program – CD4 Testing (flowcytometric and LFA) TB LF-LAM testing and CrAg Testing
- Support and monitor GeneXpert testing – Genexpert functionality tracking and testing optimization.
- Responsible for an effective and efficient coordination of Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) ensuring functionality of/meeting of Infection Control Committees (ICC), WHO IPCAF Assessment, biosafety/biosecurity quarterly audits
- Represent the Unit on all Laboratory related activities within the supported state, and serves as a technical resource person to the SMoH and related MDAs (if required).
- Prepare progress reports of laboratory activities, lab program implementation and lab quality issues.
- Perform any other duties assigned. Area Under Influence Overall state laboratory program operation and coordination, QMS, Rapid Testing Continuous Quality Improvement (RTCQI), CD4 testing, Advance HIV Disease (AHD) Diagnostic Monitoring, GeneXpert testing optimization, Infection Prevention & Control, Biosafety and Biosecurity, monitor laboratory, equipment and ancillary equipment functionality, follow up with FTH Gombe for VL/EID results, Stakeholder engagement and management.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent qualification in Medical Laboratory Science. Master’s degree an added advantage
- A valid certificate to practice as Medical Laboratory Scientist mandatory.
- 6 years’ experience of running/implementing public health programs preferably in the NGO context.
- Knowledge and experience in the design, implementation and management of laboratory services in HIV/AIDS program or any other public health intervention program.
- Experience in a laboratory setting in the areas of molecular diagnosis (viral load determination, drug resistance testing, genotyping and nucleic acid sequencing) is an advantage
- Familiarity with standards and federal/state regulations affecting the laboratory and laboratory practices.
Application Closing Date
21st March, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Submit their current CV and Suitability Statement not more than 200 words indicating Position and Location in Microsoft Word format by email to: email@example.com The subject of the email should be the JOB TITLE, LOCATION AND APPLICANT FULL NAME e.g. Laboratory Services Officer – LBS:0013 – Kogi – ADESUWA NWACHUKWU.
- it is important to apply via the link and the mail, as applications sent to ONLY the email address will be considered invalid.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to advance to the next stage of the selection process.
- Qualified Locals and residents of this location are encouraged to apply.
- Applications are reviewed in the order of arrival, and we reserve the right to close the offer before the term initially indicated if suitable applications are received.