Job ID 23076
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
SmartCash is a leading and innovative Payment Service Bank with an overarching vision of bridging the financial divide by providing rural and urban Nigerians secured and reliable banking services as well as supporting the Central Bank of Nigeria’s (CBN) drive to ensure financial Inclusion for every Nigerian.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Lead, Accounts & Reconciliations
- To maintain daily, smooth running of the settlement, dispute and reconciliation of all electronic payment transactions carried by customers, clients, and partner organizations across multiple channels.
- To attend to all transaction disputes raised by customers, clients, and partner organizations within the regulatory defined SLA
- To ensure regular balancing of all required accounts used for running backend operations within the stipulated timeline.
- To work closely and provide support to all other departments in the company where and when necessary
- Ensure timely settlement of all transactions in line with deadlines agreed with clients and partners or regulatory-defined timelines.
- Oversee daily settlement and reconciliation of all transactions for all products carried across all channels offered by PSB in line with agreed commercials
- Ensure settlements are done in strict adherence to regulatory- defined timelines or as may be agreed with each client or partner.
- Ensure regular (up-to-speed) understanding of regulatory policies as it applies to Settlement operations and ensure compliance.
- Monitor balance on the settlement banks’ accounts
- Ensure daily reconciliation and balancing of all accounts in use for smooth running of the settlement operations.
- Ensure effective participation in all industry-related settlement activities.
- Oversee and monitor daily reconciliation requests to banks and clients
- Liaise with banks’ settlement & reconciliation teams to ensure reconciled funds/incomes/fees are transferred to relevant accounts promptly.
- Oversee the resolution of disputed transactions and ensure they are carried out in line with SLA with client/industry standards and regulations
- Ensure the adequate provision of systems, applications and tools that will aid efficient dispute management service.
- Ensure zero losses that may be due to penalties or wrong settlement
- Ensure the team acts as second level support on queries from clients on payments and ensure they are resolved promptly.
- Ensure the provision of necessary tools to enable and enhance ability to provide second-level support
- Provide revenue position to management.
- Preparation or contribution to the preparation of User Requirement for the development of all Applications, tools etc.
- Perform other ad-hoc functions as assigned by Group Head, Operations.
Educational Qualifications & Functional / Technical Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or HND in Banking & Finance, Accounting or Finance.
- Professional qualifications in ICAN/ACCA or Master’s degree is an added advantage
- Advance skills and working knowledge of MS Office suite including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Excellent logical and analytical skills
- Astuteness with figures
- Ability to pay attention to details
- A general knowledge of accounting principles.
Other requirements (Behavioural etc.):
- Over 10 years working experience in the Fintech or banking industry, fully integrated in all aspects of settlement and daily reconciliation process.
- A minimum of 2-years supervisory level in settlement and reconciliation.
- Team leadership experience
- Relevant experience in Mobile Financial Services is desirable
- Relationship with key and critical stakeholders (Regulators, Banks, NIBSS, MMOs etc.) in the industry
- Goals getting and results orientated personality
- Basic/introductory project management skills.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We therefore do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of, among others, their race, disability, their race, disability, religion or gender. All employment opportunities are decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.